2019-20 Season

1 minute ago, Aquinas said:

I want to thank coach Ford, our players and staff for a great season. It was much better than expected. I was really looking forward to taking Daytons lunch money on Sat. I appreciate the vision that Coach Ford has for the team and the progress that each player has made this year.  I am really sorry the season ended like this, especially for Weaver, our only scholarship senior who played his last Div1 game, without even knowing it.

May God bless all of those who made this season so special and keep you healthy.  

weaver is one of if not the biggest reason as to why im upset about the season ending.  

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, moytoy12 said:

He seemed liked the perfect grad transfer, right?  Steady, great teammate and friend, genuinely enjoyed his team and time here.

yep, great kid - it seems.

Picked a school he thought had a chance at post season, cant say SLU let him down. 

The season is over. I wish to thank and congratulate the team and the coaches for a wonderful season that unfortunately was cut short for reasons beyond our control. TeamBlue is alive and well, none of athletes or coaches are over 80 years old, so we can trust to see them back in action for the next season.

Go Bills! we will do a lot better next season!

It still hasn’t set in that the year is over. I’m so proud of the guys and what Travis is building here. SLU is on the way to becoming the program it absolutely can be. I can’t wait for the offseason practice videos to start coming in during the summer. 

I have seen some posts stating that posters are happy that Dayton didn't get a chance to make thier mark in the NCAA Tournament.
I really don't get that.
As members of the A10, teams doing well when they they play outside of the A10 is good for our conference.
Dayton seeded as a 1 or 2 seed, would have brought a lot of attention to the A10.  And had we beat them on Saturday, that would have received a lot of national attention.

I am sad for Daytons players and fans.  We as Billiken fans should be able to relate to the disapointment of having ,maybe the team of a life time, and have the door slammed in thier face.
Dayton winning a national championship would have been good for Dayton and good for the A10.

I look at the A10 conference as family.  We may fight like cats and dogs within our own family, but when we play outside of the conference, I am pulling for you.

Great year, lots of steady development with the players.  Kudos to team and staff!! 

I agree about the Flyers: I also really wanted to see Dayton whack a few teams, and represent the A10 nationally.  If it were turned around, and the Dance got canceled the year we were so great, think how robbed we would feel--like forever, I guess.  Our politics is so filled with hate right now, why can't sports fans lighten up a bit and see how important these morale boosters are for people who are, in fact, just like me and you???  I guess I also do not get the tribal animosity here.

My other question is this: SLU would end up getting some pretty good $$ for any Dayton wins (not to mention our own units for beating Dayton, if we did somehow) -- I'm wondering what will happen with all the lost revenue (assuming it is lost??) -- and how that affects athletic dept. budgets going forward??

Great season for the players and coaching staff I really appreciate and applaud their hard work and determination.  Finishing 23-8, winning the last 5 games with 2 good players out was a great accomplishment.

I am looking forward for next season and what the team should achieve next season.

David King likes this

1 hour ago, Aquinas said:

I have seen some posts stating that posters are happy that Dayton didn't get a chance to make thier mark in the NCAA Tournament.
I really don't get that.
As members of the A10, teams doing well when they they play outside of the A10 is good for our conference.
Dayton seeded as a 1 or 2 seed, would have brought a lot of attention to the A10.  And had we beat them on Saturday, that would have received a lot of national attention.

I am sad for Daytons players and fans.  We as Billiken fans should be able to relate to the disapointment of having ,maybe the team of a life time, and have the door slammed in thier face.
Dayton winning a national championship would have been good for Dayton and good for the A10.

I look at the A10 conference as family.  We may fight like cats and dogs within our own family, but when we play outside of the conference, I am pulling for you.

its more than that.. I know way too many ud fans that are incredibly annoying, that would never let it go if they made a big run.  

2 minutes ago, davidnark said:

The only reason we wouldn't be top 25 going into next season is because the so-called experts aren't actually paying attention. 

This for the most part.  But, I think we'll be high enough on voters radars that we should enter rather quickly. 

Without question, this was the most fun Billiken team ever. I loved Spoonball. I loved the gritty Majerus teams. However, nothing compares to dunk and alley-oop city created by this group. I don't know if there were any teams in the country that could put out a lineup as strong and athletic as our lineup with French, Goodwin, Hargrove, Perkins, and Collins. Plus, Thatch and Jacobs could match the athleticism.