2019-20 Season

Whatever happens or does not happen the truth is that the Bills are a very young and inexperienced team this year that has done very well considering the number of freshmen playing, the number of injuries/diseases they have had to deal with, and refs intent in stopping us whenever possible. I do not know if we will make the dance this year or not, but we certainly will find out in due time. We have done well so far this season. Go Bills!

Clock_Tower and dennis_w like this

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Theoretically, if the Bills run the table, we're in, right? They'd be 24-7, 13-5, and add a win over Rhody at their place (which is obviously a tall order). Would this be the minimum to be in the tournament?

Maybe 5-1(which is very doable IMO) and beat someone good in Brooklyn?

I've seen people say at-large hopes are gone - I don't think that's quite the case just yet. We'd have to go on a short run, but to say the hopes are gone is a little dramatic.

NextYearBill likes this

1 hour ago, Littlebill said:

Theoretically, if the Bills run the table, we're in, right? They'd be 24-7, 13-5, and add a win over Rhody at their place (which is obviously a tall order). Would this be the minimum to be in the tournament?

I've seen people say at-large hopes are gone - I don't think that's quite the case just yet. We'd have to go on a short run, but to say the hopes are gone is a little dramatic.

NCAA won’t count our W over Maryville.  So one less win doesn’t help; 23-7.

21 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

I would have said no at the start the of conference play, but now I'm not so sure given that so many teams have similarly weak resumes.  

41 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Yes. we're in. Im pretty confident in that. 

What happens is we go 5-1(loss to RI) and go 2-1 in Brooklyn, we'r at 24-9.  Thats a lot of W's to not be in discussions at least. 

While at large technically isnt gone, because we have a good chance of playing either Dayton or RI at least 2 more times, we're on last hope. 

We have to get the win over URI to be considered in my opinion. It's the type of quality win that we don't have enough of. Beat URI and VCU and then beat one (or both) again on the way to the A10 championship game and we'll make the tournament. Get to the A10 championship game without beating URI and losing to them in the regular season, and I just don't think we're in or even seriously considered mainly due to Richmond being our best win.

If things go right, we should have a few more games against teams with a good NET ranking

VCU 52

Rhode Island 32

---------------------------------------------------------

But, we should also see either Dayton(5), Rhode Island(32), or Richmond(45) again. 

1 hour ago, Littlebill said:

Respectfully, I just do not see it with another loss there are not enough quality wins.  Our team will be doing great winning 4 out 6.

I love the grit and toughness of our team and it is one of my favorite SLU teams because in spite of losing the best shooter defender and Hargrove not being ready we are still having this kind of discussion mid February.

I hope your right littlebill what a tribute for the coach and players to receive an at large bid from a team with 7 new players with 2 key injuries.

1 minute ago, Old guy said:

I think all the games left can be won by the Bills, the toughest ones will be RI and VCU but we can do it with a bit of luck. Go Bills!

I have this weird feeling we show up for VCU and Rhody but sleep at the wheel for Mason and Umass

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

I have this weird feeling we show up for VCU and Rhody but sleep at the wheel for Mason and Umass

Two weeks ago I would have agreed. Today I'm not so sure. JGood seems to have rekindled his fire and JPerk is percolating.

rgbilliken likes this

15 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Don't be so despondent, there are good things coming to us, at least potentially coming to us.

ha, I know. I shouldn't be.  Not saying I think that'll happen, but Ive seen weird things. 

No matter what happens Re the dance, we should have no complaints about this team. They have over achieved from what we thought back in October. Yes, if we don't make it we'll be disappointing,  but we've really got nothing to whine about. 

Right now it's one game at a time, and UMass won't be an easy game. 

AGB91 and CBFan like this

7 minutes ago, slu72 said:

No matter what happens Re the dance, we should have no complaints about this team. They have over achieved from what we thought back in October. Yes, if we don't make it we'll be disappointing,  but we've really got nothing to whine about. 

Agreed with one thing at a time approach. We’ve had two strong performances in our last two games. If we keep doing that the results will follow. My main goal right now is to try to get back towards the top 4 of the A-10 standings

9 minutes ago, slu72 said:

not if this happens next year and we fall just short ima be pissed 

39 minutes ago, slu72 said:

We were preseason picked 7th in the A10. Today we are tied for 6th, but with Davidson having the tie breaker, we are 7th alongside of VCU.  Right on the prediction.  I'm not sure we are over-achieving, yet.  I need to see the next 6 games played out to see where we end up.  As you stated, let's take it one W at a time.

Agree, UMass will be a dogfight.  I'm looking for Goodwin to have this team ready for battle.  Tre Mitchell went 26/10 against Dayton.

3 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

We were preseason picked 7th in the A10. Today we are tied for 6th, but with Davidson having the tie breaker, we are 7th alongside of VCU.  Right on the prediction.  I'm not sure we are over-achieving, yet.  I need to see the next 6 games played out to see where we end up.  As you stated, let's take it one W at a time.

Agree, UMass will be a dogfight.  I'm looking for Goodwin to have this team ready for battle.  Tre Mitchell went 26/10 against Dayton.

Sure we are.  We were 11-2 in the OOC, which almost no one picked.  And we're on track to for at least 11 wins in-conference, down two of our top 6 players.

RUBillsFan likes this

29 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I encourage you to go back and look at this forum’s preseason record prediction thread. Many, many people predicting 18 wins. Comments saying “if we’re sniffing 20 wins, this season will be a huge success.”

9 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Sure we are.  We we're 11-2 in the OOC, which almost no one picked.  And we're on track to for at least 11 wins in-conference, down two of our top 6 players.

To you maybe.  It is me that isn't convinced we are overachieving. I am saying we are on track.  Many teams have injured players.  Looking back from today, the only Top 100 team we beat in OOC was Kansas State, and they are 93 NET.

1 minute ago, GBL_Bills said:

I encourage you to go back and look at this forum’s preseason record prediction thread. Many, many people predicting 18 wins. Comments saying “if we’re sniffing 20 wins, this season will be a huge success.”

So I can't have an opinion?  I don't do preseason predictions.

26 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Over achieving with the loss of the best defender and shooter.

1 minute ago, HoosierPal said:

I'm not sure Goodwin would agree that he isn't our best defender.  French ain't shabby either.

Both are excellent, but thatch is a specialized defender. Id rather thatch guard a speedy 1-2 guard than Goodwin, who is better at guarding 3-4. Not a knock on goodwin, or even french. 

Just now, wgstl said:

Both are excellent, but thatch is a specialized defender. Id rather thatch guard a speedy 1-2 guard than Goodwin, who is better at guarding 3-4. Not a knock on goodwin, or even french. 

Your opinion is noted, as you have noted mine.  Thatch is good, but to me, his D his last year wasn't as good as Goodwin's this year.