2019-20 Season

3 minutes ago, brianstl said:

So far this season we are averaging 75.1 possessions a game compared to 68.4 last season.

The points per possession number is 1.118.  That ranks 38th.  Last season it was 0.974. That ranked  262nd.

we continue to get significant easy baskets from playing fast.   we did go a couple of possessions last night with that GD weave at the head of the key.   please shelve that permanently coach.   whatever mistakes playing havoc generates is offset by the increased possessions and more easy baskets.   if anything turn it up more on both ends.  

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, brianstl said:

So far this season we are averaging 75.1 possessions a game compared to 68.4 last season.

The points per possession number is 1.118.  That ranks 38th.  Last season it was 0.974. That ranked  262nd.

How about compared to poss/game with similar opponents last year?

Just now, billiken_roy said:

we continue to get significant easy baskets from playing fast.   we did go a couple of possessions last night with that GD weave at the head of the key.   please shelve that permanently coach.   whatever mistakes playing havoc generates is offset by the increased possessions and more easy baskets.   if anything turn it up more on both ends.  

Roy, that weave worked. Yuri had an open lane and attacked to the basket. 

1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

Roy, that weave worked. Yuri had an open lane and attacked to the basket. 

maybe once.   at least three times it resulted in turnovers.   the weave sucks.

15 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

God forbid we show different looks.i think I’ll roll with the guy who’s been a head coach for 22 years.

different looks are fine if they work.   what has been working is the fact we have pretty much played fast most of the time this year.   dont go back to the old ways that limit possessions.  we had to do that in the past due to depth concerns.  depth doesnt appear to be an issue any longer.  

that said, you dont understand much about basketball so i will let you to your own world.

31 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Do you think we play the seven seconds or less like the Steve Nash Suns? 

I can't get over how deep this team is. Last night, Ford made a bunch of substitutions halfway through the first half and I thought to myself, "Holy cr#p! I completely forgot about Perkins and Weaver!" Even better, they aren't just warm bodies on the court to give our starters a breather. They were both stroking the ball.

There is something special about this group. I can feel it. It may just be the disgusting breakfast taco I had this morning but I don't think so.

HenryB and almaman like this

Just now, Slu let the dogs out? said:

I can't get over how deep this team is. Last night, Ford made a bunch of substitutions halfway through the first half and I thought to myself, "Holy cr#p! I completely forgot about Perkins and Weaver!" Even better, they aren't just warm bodies on the court to give our starters a breather. They were both stroking the ball.

i agree.   besides goodwin and french and to a degree thatch, the rest of the team is capable of playing without a loss in production imo.   the depth is going to end up being our advantage for this team.    with the exception of hargrove and perkins, i think the rest have all graded out above what most expected and we all have seen that hargrove and perkins have individual skills as well that will evolve into very good billikens.   this is the most excited i've been about the billikens as a whole since the claggett, highmark and h days.   good times!

22 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

different looks are fine if they work.   what has been working is the fact we have pretty much played fast most of the time this year.   dont go back to the old ways that limit possessions.  we had to do that in the past due to depth concerns.  depth doesnt appear to be an issue any longer.  

that said, you dont understand much about basketball so i will let you to your own world.

You always like to insult don’t you yet always calling me childish. We had like 75 possessions, we ran the weave what 3 times? I’m not sure that’s a concern. 

7 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

You always like to insult don’t you yet always calling me childish. We had like 75 possessions, we ran the weave what 3 times? I’m not sure that’s a concern. 

considering the hell you put section 102 through, yes, i like to insult you.    

We don't runt that little weave often. We run it when we're in a half court offense. We have a tendency to stand around in the half court and our offense gets very stagnant. We don't even do it very often when we are slow down. I haven't noticed the percentage of times it got us a good luck or resulted in a t/o but it does get us moving. When we're stopped and running a half court offense it's not like without it we are some scoring juggernaut. 

I really liked how Yuri dished the ball to Hargrove on the breakaway. He had an easy uncontested layup himself but instead chose to give the ball to his teammate who hasn't played much this year. Yuri gets it. 

RUBillsFan likes this

2 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

this is the most excited i've been about the billikens as a whole since the claggett, highmark and h days.   good times!

The Claggett, Highmark, and H teams certainly were exciting, but we’re they more exciting than the teams from 2011-2014, or did you just dislike Majerus so much that you couldn’t get excited about his players?

23 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

The Claggett, Highmark, and H teams certainly were exciting, but we’re they more exciting than the teams from 2011-2014, or did you just dislike Majerus so much that you couldn’t get excited about his players?

pretty much.

not denying they were good, just saying i lost a lot of billiken enthusiasm because of rickma, thus i am personally more excited about the potential of our future now then the rickma days.