2019-20 Season

2 minutes ago, Compton said:

The student section has looked much fuller/rowdier than I generally remember it in recent years.

SLUnatics has really got some great leadership and they do a great job of providing a great student atmosphere. Didn't always used to be that way. Add in Andre (assuming he was just busy for Valpo?) and you have a great college basketball environment. Better than many bigger programs due to priority to football over basketball.

RiseAndGrind likes this

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, moytoy12 said:

I gotta tell ya, I am so dang impressed with JGood this year. Seems like the D1 game has slowed down for him and he looks really composed this year. He is on a different level so far this year. 

He seems to have really figured out his game.  That's what experience does, which is why we need to have the same patience with the Freshmen and Sophomores.  Goodwin knows that he's not a shooter, so he picks his spots.  We all originally thought that he would be a slasher to the basket, Goodwin included.  Now he knows that he gets far more baskets being patient in the paint.  I love watching him make a calculated, not fast, move into the paint, fake a shot, and then go up and lay it in.  Also love watching him ball hawk offensive rebounds.  I'm very excited about the next two years.

-last season, March 2 and 6 2019 against Mason and Duq, we scored 80 or more in consecutive games, previous to this it happened Jan 20 and 23 of 2016 against Davidson and UMass and this is first time in the non-con since Nov 8 and 13 of 2013 against SEMO and SIUE

-for 3 games in a row we go back to Nov/Dec 2000 against E Carolina, Cal and Idaho  - this was a team coached by Lorenzo Romar that played in CUSA, that was a long, long time ago 

8 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-last season, March 2 and 6 2019 against Mason and Duq, we scored 80 or more in consecutive games, previous to this it happened Jan 20 and 23 of 2016 against Davidson and UMass and this is first time in the non-con since Nov 8 and 13 of 2013 against SEMO and SIUE

-for 3 games in a row we go back to Nov/Dec 2000 against E Carolina, Cal and Idaho  - this was a team coached by Lorenzo Romar that played in CUSA, that was a long, long time ago 

Where is Romar?

4 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Obi Toppin And Nick Sherod win a10 player of the weeks. Both only played 1 game. Sherod put up 27 pts 8 reb 1 ast 0 STL 0 blocks. Meanwhile J Good averaged 20 pts 9 Reb 4.5 ast 3 STL and 0.5 blk over 2 games. 

Turrible 

That blows. 

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

We wouldn’t have gotten weaver right ?

Likely not, but im pretty we had scholarship chose to give to walkon?

Sunday's game is a win-win situation.  Either the guys find out they can run on anybody, even teams with high-level athletes or we find out tweaks we need to make against such teams.  If it turns out to be latter, that information will serve us well in conference play against the likes of VCU and Dayton.  If it turns out to be the former, we're about to become the darling of St. Louis.

GoSluBills likes this