2019-20 Season

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, wgstl said:

this is a little surprising but its also something I was hoping for. 

really?  it is the rumored starters we have been seeing for days.   who did you think would start?

Zink and Cincybill like this

2 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

really?  it is the rumored starters we have been seeing for days.   who did you think would start?

I guess "I" havent seen any rumored starter talk.  I was hoping bell would start, and had the feeling he would.  Jacobs was a surprise to me, as I thought perkins or maybe even weaver would get the start first over jacobs.  Heck, I could even see Jimerson as worthy of a start. 

the one guy i was somewhat rooting to be in the starting five was jimmerson.   but the way jacobs has apparently come out this season this isnt a surprise. 

i am surprised bell has done so well to earn the opening start, but then again, unless we think french can play 40 minutes every night we got to develop somebody else to play inside.  having two bigs will be good. 

50 minutes ago, Compton said:

^Who’s  Jimmerson?

It's just our got-nothing-else-to-do-looooooong-time poster, BR's sad attempt to be funny, messing up one of our players' name.  He is thinking he is very clever with this act, so just humor him.  I will suggest that since he is incapable of spelling Jimerson's name correctly, that he just use GJ.  His intentional mis-spelling of one of our player's name has gotten old.  I'm certain he would be outraged if members of this Board consistently spelled his two Illinois guys names, Godwin and Hargrave.

Time to give it up, BR.  However, I have noticed in my years on this Board that you have never changed your position on anything or conceded that you might be in error, so I expect you will continue to insult one of our new players by sticking to your Jimmerson name-game.

One thing I can be sure of is that he will respond to this post even though he claims to ignore any post which uses initials.  He will just be unable to control himself!

On 7/18/2019 at 11:02 PM, Aquinas said:

Bell looks like a Beast.  He is my pick for starting center on opening night. He and French will be a super intimidating pair.

I will humbly nominate myself for the preseason Billiken message board   - Crystal Ball Trophy, for projecting Jimmy Bell as starting center on July 18.  That is assuming he actually starts.

I think Jacobs has surprised everyone. The returners were pretty much a given, at least to start the season.

I think Jimmmerson, may shoot his way into the top 5 in player minutes by conference play.

3 hours ago, Aquinas said:

I will humbly nominate myself for the preseason Billiken message board   - Crystal Ball Trophy, for projecting Jimmy Bell as starting center on July 18.  That is assuming he actually starts.

I think Jacobs has surprised everyone. The returners were pretty much a given, at least to start the season.

I think Jimmmerson, may shoot his way into the top 5 in player minutes by conference play.

Jacobs is indeed a surprise.  But talk of Bell starting happened in May

The three m’s in his name is a tribute to his alleged three point marksmanship. Spell it the right way or the 3m way and it’s all good. Any other number of m’s is an abomination.

29 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

The three m’s in his name is a tribute to his alleged three point marksmanship. Spell it the right way or the 3m way and it’s all good. Any other number of m’s is an abomination.

In game threads (during the game), the number of M's in his name will be equal to the number of 3s he's hit.  (I guess that means he'll be "Jierson" at the start of the game.)  After hitting two 3s, he'll be "Jimmerson."  Not an abomination, but a show of affection.

Here's hoping most games he'll be your "Jimmmerson" or have even more M's in our rendering of his name (in game threads and post-game discussion).

18 hours ago, bauman said:

It's just our got-nothing-else-to-do-looooooong-time poster, BR's sad attempt to be funny, messing up one of our players' name.  He is thinking he is very clever with this act, so just humor him.  I will suggest that since he is incapable of spelling Jimerson's name correctly, that he just use GJ.  His intentional mis-spelling of one of our player's name has gotten old.  I'm certain he would be outraged if members of this Board consistently spelled his two Illinois guys names, Godwin and Hargrave.

Time to give it up, BR.  However, I have noticed in my years on this Board that you have never changed your position on anything or conceded that you might be in error, so I expect you will continue to insult one of our new players by sticking to your Jimmerson name-game.

One thing I can be sure of is that he will respond to this post even though he claims to ignore any post which uses initials.  He will just be unable to control himself!

You missed a long ago thread - the more Jimerson buries 3s, the more “m”s he gets in his name from the announcer- I think most mbms  are in on that. Fun for all.

26 minutes ago, Major Majerus said:

You missed a long ago thread - the more Jimerson buries 3s, the more “m”s he gets in his name from the announcer- I think most mbms  are in on that. Fun for all.

Actually Major, i've posted a few times and given "good post" ratings on a number of references to equating the number of 'M"s in GJ's name after games, to the number of 3's he makes in that game.  I think that is pretty cool, and would allow BR to continue his little "Jimmerson" game after any game in which GJ makes 2 threes.

7 minutes ago, bauman said:

Actually Major, i've posted a few times and given "good post" ratings on a number of references to equating the number of 'M"s in GJ's name after games, to the number of 3's he makes in that game.  I think that is pretty cool, and would allow BR to continue his little "Jimmerson" game after any game in which GJ makes 2 threes.

That's cool on your part Baumman.

3 hours ago, billikenbill said:

We should go with one for each 3 from the most recent game on board mentions.

2 hours ago, almaman said:

We should go with one for each 3 from the most recent game on board mentions.

Let's hope for a very long name as we play conference games!  Hopefully, at least Jimmmerson most games.

One serious note about this kid.  He appears to be more than a 3 pt shooter.  He shoots very well inside the arc, and while on the move to either his  left or right.  He looks to be a good athlete who I hope is more than adequate on defense.  Watching him Saturday, he reminded me of my favorite recent Billiken, H Waldman, not just in how he shoots but in how he moves.  One thing I do not expect from him is H's passing ability.

19 hours ago, Coach314 said:

Jacobs is indeed a surprise.  But talk of Bell starting happened in May

I dont recall anyone saying Bell will start in May or June.  This thread started June 1st, when it became apparent that Ford was not going to fill the last scholarship. I started stating the significance of French playing the 4, on June 4th.  There could be someone who projected Bell as a starter before I did, but I would have to see it to believe it.  

The general consensus of the board was that French would play the 5 and bell would back him up.