2019-20 Season

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/14/2019 at 10:09 AM, Clock_Tower said:

Absolutely they are Ford's players.  No intending any excuses for that.  And for the first time, barring another program setback, we will be able to watch a Coach Ford team with all its available players and components. My only comment is that Coach Ford has been scrambling, playing "with 1 arm tied behind his back", "making due", using Plan B, etc. ever since S2 broke and the boys self-imposed suspension on themselves - and received even worse treatment than had they simply played and appealed.   Shame on SLU and the Title IX Coordinator Anna Kratky.   Kangaroo Court now abolished by Betsy DeVos.   IMO, Kratky should be fired and replaced.

Somebody mentioned to me they heard about SLU Title IX on the radio yesterday so I looked up the story.  Couldn't help but notice our friend Kratky quoted saying "I would be very worried if our numbers were zero, right, because we know these things are happening. And if they are happening, we need to know about it so we can help our students"

Does this not sound like presumption of guilt to anybody else?  She knows it is happening so when it gets reported, sounds like she already goes into it knowing the person is guilty because she knows it is happening.  Don't know the full procedure but just can't believe there are charges of "rape" that aren't being investigated by the police, just investigated by SLU.    

Link

Edit:  Apologize for posting this OT here but remembered reading about Kratky recently in this thread.  Plus, when somebody mentioned SLU and Title IX to me today I almost had a heart attack so figured there is the link if it helps save somebody else from a scare.  

SLU_Lax likes this

On 10/22/2019 at 2:45 PM, HoosierPal said:

Great footwork, don't you think.  The ball was out of play, and she was still guarding.....relentless!

I coached my daughter's 5th grade team back in the day. I had this one girl, tall and lanky, and told her to guard the other team's tallest girl. I said you stay on her no matter where she goes. At the end of the first qtr the teams come back to the bench, my tall lanky girl followed her girl to her bench right into their huddle. This reminded me of that. 

On 10/21/2019 at 1:25 PM, NH said:

I reviewed this video to see who was playing with the starters. It seems like the most common lineup is Goodwin, Jacobs, Thatch, French and Bell. Perkins was the only other player I noticed as rotating in with that group. I’d be surprised if those 6 didn’t lead us in minutes early on (Pending foul trouble or stamina issues).

BANG! He got it!!

40 minutes of hell/havoc plays big into the attributes of goodwin, jacobs, thatch and hargrove in particular.   finally no square peg in a round hole maybe. 

Zink likes this

On 10/26/2019 at 12:06 PM, billiken_roy said:

40 minutes of hell/havoc plays big into the attributes of goodwin, jacobs, thatch and hargrove in particular.   finally no square peg in a round hole maybe. 

Regardless of whether or not the tweet was an accurate portrayal, you’re dead on. 

It also gives the new guys, especially Yuri and Hargrove, the opportunity to come in and play hard for 3-4min at a time and then go get some feedback from the coaches on the bench. Would like to see a relatively flat minutes distribution across guys 3-10 this year unless someone makes a big leap. And giving everyone chances early on will also let the cream rise to the top if someone does separate himself from the pack. 

12 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Just curious, does Bell fit into a high pressure system? Or is it something we’d do when he’s off the court? 

I don't know why he wouldn't fit.  Most presses use guards and forwards to trap or run-and-jump and keep a center back to protect the basket.

billiken_roy likes this