2019-20 Season

New kenpom rankings up, https://kenpom.com/

actually  surprised we are ranked as high as we are. Kenpom hasn’t really been kind to us over the years, and we’re only around 30 spots from where we finished last season.  Also kenpom isn’t good with freshman, especially ones who aren’t highly ranked.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, wgstl said:

New kenpom rankings up, https://kenpom.com/

Thanks for posting. As one of the bigger losers on the board, here is a summary of our non conference opponents (as reference, we are at #141 (finished at #106 last season)):

Florida Gulf Coast - #250

Valparaiso - #212

Eastern Washington - #192

Seton Hall - #20

High Point - #313

Belmont - #85

Boston College - #119 

Southern Illinois - #220

Tulane - #288

Auburn - #22

Kansas State - #49 

Bethune-Cookman - #314

JohnnyJumpUp and RUBillsFan like this

On 10/20/2019 at 1:53 PM, TheChosenOne said:

Thanks for posting. As one of the bigger losers on the board, here is a summary of our non conference opponents (as reference, we are at #141 (finished at #106 last season)):

Florida Gulf Coast - #250

Valparaiso - #212

Eastern Washington - #192

Seton Hall - #20

High Point - #313

Belmont - #85

Boston College - #119 

Southern Illinois - #220

Tulane - #288

Auburn - #22

Kansas State - #49 

Bethune-Cookman - #314

Thanks for doing all the hard work.  Using these preseason numbers, we have 3 Q1 games, 1 Q2 game, 1 Q3 game and 7 Q4 games.

TheChosenOne likes this

4 minutes ago, CenHudDude said:

All members of the BEAST including member to be UCONN are ranked in the top 100 in kenpom.  Is kenpom meaningless pre-season?

Probably, most are, nothing to go off of. 

just interesting to see what people or computers think. 

Also like I said above, computers can’t really figure freshmen, so it takes in a lot of proven numbers ie returning/transfers players 

I reviewed the Slubillikens roster. Jacob's shot 43%  from the arc, and 87% from the line in his last prep year... so he can shoot. I believe he stayed with this team because he is confident in his ability to play. 

The other interesting thing I noticed is that Hargrove is listed as a forward, along with being 6' 4", 195.  Perkins as another example is listed as guard forward. 

I'm not sure who lists the positions or if it means anything. They also list Diarra as a center, and Bell as a forward, I can't imagine Bell playing anything but the 5 this year.

22 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

That Gibson catch and release at 32 seconds. *eggplant*Eggplant*

I reviewed this video to see who was playing with the starters. It seems like the most common lineup is Goodwin, Jacobs, Thatch, French and Bell. Perkins was the only other player I noticed as rotating in with that group. I’d be surprised if those 6 didn’t lead us in minutes early on (Pending foul trouble or stamina issues).

On 10/20/2019 at 2:33 PM, HoosierPal said:

Thanks for doing all the hard work.  Using these preseason numbers, we have 3 Q1 games, 1 Q2 game, 1 Q3 game and 7 Q4 games.

I looked at the A10 KPOM numbers, and we might looking at a slightly stronger conference schedule than in most previous seasons. The breakdown of the 18 games is 3 Q1, 4 Q2, 5 Q3, and 6 Q4 games.  Per KenPom preseason, we have 6 Q1 games, 5 Q2 games, 6 Q3 games, and 13 Q4 games.

And here is where the A-10 programs hit in the preseason Pomeroy rankings in order and when we play them in parenthesis:

VCU - #23 (home on 2/21)

Dayton - #57 (home on 1/17 and away on 2/8)

Davidson - #61 (away on 1/22)

Rhode Island - #83 (away on 3/1)

Richmond - #92 (away on 1/11)

Duquesne - #109 (away on 1/2 and home on 2/5)

St. Bonaventure - #127 (home on 3/7)

Saint Louis - #141

George Mason - #155 (away on 3/4)

Fordham - #193 (home on 1/26)

George Washington - #211 (home on 1/8)

Saint Joseph's - #216 (away on 2/1 and home on 2/26)

La Salle - #218 (away on 1/29 and home on 2/15)

UMass - #240 (home on 1/5 and away on 2/18)

TheDude likes this