• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

Watson got a DWI

9 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Heard it was weeks ago and, you'll love this, Mizzou already "suspended" him for it :) 

He's maybe 19, correct.  So he gets a DWI, but nothing for underage drinking?  I guess he was drinking under the supervision of his family (or coach?), and then told to drive?

12 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

He's maybe 19, correct.  So he gets a DWI, but nothing for underage drinking?  I guess he was drinking under the supervision of his family (or coach?), and then told to drive?

I would assume that he was cited for underage drinking also.  Some may have thought it was a given if he got a DWI

15 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

I would assume that he was cited for underage drinking also.  Some may have thought it was a given if he got a DWI

So he got a DUI but just a ticket, not booked?

13 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

The state and now apparently the university do not take drunk driving seriously. It’s terrible 

The consequences for drinking and driving now versus when me and my idiot friends did it in the late 90s/early 2000s are infinitely different. We were told to pour the beer out and drive home immediately. Now you spend thousands of dollars and have to install and maintain  an interlock system to drive your car, possibly wear a SCRAM, some are even given weekend shock time at county jail, AA, tons of legal fees, miscellaneous fees, community service, etc....and rightfully so. No excuse is good enough to justify drinking and driving and with UBer and Lyft and various other ways to commute these days you have to be downright stupid to do it. Particularly in a city like Columbia where those cops are out to get you every single night.

Billiken Rich likes this

Jordan Barnett got one there too.  So since Martin has been there since 2017, 4 of his players have gotten DWI's.  He really needs to increase the punishment or something because it is truly unsafe for them.  

And you can say don't throw stones but Watson got 1 week and is already back before games even start.  We don't know what Santos did and he was suspended indefinitely which led to him withdrawing from school.  For situation 2, which led to no arrests (which a DWI should be an arrest), we had 3 players kicked out of school and 1 suspended a semester.  I'm sorry but drinking while driving is dangerous to the kids and to other people on the road, especially with Uber so easy to use and available.  

But I am sure Watson missing a few practices will show the rest of them not to do it.  

38 minutes ago, crymdg2 said:

Apparently Goodwin has really been working on his 3pt shot this summer!

Goodwin hit a 3/4 court shot at the end of the first half of a game at the Belleville East Tournament. I believe it was against Chaminade. It is largely a matter of strength and luck. He easily had the strength shooting it as a standard set shot, not a heave.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Candidates to lead the A-10 in scoring this season:<br><br>Obi Toppin, Dayton<br>Kellan Grady, Davidson<br>Marcus Evans, VCU<br>Jon Axel Gudmundsson, Davidson<br>Jacob Gilyard, Richmond<br>Justin Kier, George Mason<br>Ryan Daly, Saint Joseph’s<br>Jeff Dowtin, Rhode Island<br>Kyle Lofton, St. Bonaventure</p>&mdash; A10 Talk (@A10Talk) <a href="https://twitter.com/A10Talk/status/1182683698480603136?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 11, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">10 stud freshmen to watch:<br><br>Tre Mitchell, UMass<br>Nah’Shon Hyland, VCU<br>Terrence Hargrove Jr., Saint Louis<br>Yuri Collins, Saint Louis<br>Hyunjung Lee, Davidson<br>Maceo Austin, Duquesne<br>Justin Winston, St. Bonaventure<br>Ayinde Hikim, La Salle<br>T.J. Weeks Jr., UMass<br>Gregory Hammond, URI</p>&mdash; A10 Talk (@A10Talk) <a href="https://twitter.com/A10Talk/status/1182681794102980608?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 11, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>