2019-20 Season

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/2/2019 at 12:33 PM, Cowboy said:

-with the Blues opening tonight, there are 15 days where Blues play and so do The Billikens,  we'll see what happens with our radio broadcast where the times conflict

Ugggh this is awful.

101 got the rights to the Blues months ago.  Why didn't we have the foresight to move our game to another station?  Tell LEarfield to get our games on KMOX and end the deal with 101.  THey promote us very little as it is.  Now we get every game bumped for the Stanley Cup champions.

8 hours ago, Bills_06 said:

This is from January when the announcement was made about the Blues moving to 101.  

I can see it now 105.7 playing some Tool, Alice In Chains, My Chemical Romance, etc... to get us revved up for Billiken Basketball.

Billiken Rich likes this

On 10/5/2019 at 6:36 PM, thetorch said:

Ugggh this is awful.

101 got the rights to the Blues months ago.  Why didn't we have the foresight to move our game to another station?  Tell LEarfield to get our games on KMOX and end the deal with 101.  THey promote us very little as it is.  Now we get every game bumped for the Stanley Cup champions.

IMO SLU radio isn't going to be a priority for KMOX either.  Billiken fans will find the broadcast regardless of what station it is on.  If Karraker is correct and the games end up on KSHE or The Point that's great those stations get way more listeners than 101ESPN.

Billiken Rich likes this

On 10/5/2019 at 4:06 PM, Aquinas said:

Makes me wonder what Chicago area players we are looking at?

Yes, if only there were a one-stop resource to find such information.

I'll make it easy:

2020: Antoine Bloxton (Bogan), Seryee Lewis (Compass Prep, AZ), Martice Mitchell (Bloom), Jeremiah Oden (Sunrise Christian Academy, KS), Reggie Strong (Orr)

2021: Ahamad Bynum (Simeon), Troy D'Amico (Notre Dame), John Poulakidas (Neuqua Valley), Brandon Weston (Morgan Park)

With the usual caveat that some offers might be stale, some players have moved on, and so forth.

25 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Also don't really like this UMASS idea. But I saw it and thought it was interesting

I actually think it's pretty cool for the state's flagship state public university to use an outline of the state in the court design.  Most of these schools are in college towns which means they don't really have a skyline they can use like some other schools.

My main problem with the UMass design is that the state outline is too large.  I don't like the wacky court design elements bleeding inside the 3pt line (unless they are specifically designed to be there).  It looks like they just made the Massachusetts outline as big as they could while keeping it inside the court.  I'd like to see how it looks shrunk down a bit so it doesn't go inside the 3pt line and centered behind the UMass logo.

Semi-related: This court design allows announcers to make stupid joke about hitting FTs from Cape Cod.

4 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

IMO SLU radio isn't going to be a priority for KMOX either.  Billiken fans will find the broadcast regardless of what station it is on.  If Karraker is correct and the games end up on KSHE or The Point that's great those stations get way more listeners than 101ESPN.

If KMOX lost the Blues, the there would be no conflicts on KMOX since the baseball and college basketball seasons don't overlap.  We may not be a priority for either KMOX or 101.1 as far as marketing, but we wouldn't be getting bumped from our normal station constantly if we were with KMOX.

39 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

I actually think it's pretty cool for the state's flagship state public university to use an outline of the state in the court design.  Most of these schools are in college towns which means they don't really have a skyline they can use like some other schools.

My main problem with the UMass design is that the state outline is too large.  I don't like the wacky court design elements bleeding inside the 3pt line (unless they are specifically designed to be there).  It looks like they just made the Massachusetts outline as big as they could while keeping it inside the court.  I'd like to see how it looks shrunk down a bit so it doesn't go inside the 3pt line and centered behind the UMass logo.

Semi-related: This court design allows announcers to make stupid joke about hitting FTs from Cape Cod.

I actually like the potential here. Rammer needs to brush up on his geographic knowledge of Massachusetts.

"Jimerson, from all the way up in Gloucester - BANG! He got it!"

"French collects the rebound near Truro, hits Goodwin with the outlet pass at Lowell, he brings it up to Greenfield, hands it to Weaver at the top of the key near Longmeadow, Weaver finds Hankton coming off a French screen just outside Pittsfield, he drops it back down to French in Mt. Washington, one step - JAM TIME!"

28 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I actually like the potential here. Rammer needs to brush up on his geographic knowledge of Massachusetts.

"French collects the rebound near Truro, hits Goodwin with the outlet pass at Lowell, he brings it up to Greenfield, hands it to Weaver at the top of the key near Longmeadow, Weaver finds Hankton coming off a French screen just outside Pittsfield, he drops it back down to French in Mt. Washington, one step - JAM TIME!"

I was just in the Boston area a week ago. Stayed in a town a little bit north of Boston called Swampscott. It looks to be about 5ish feet beyond the arc on the right side of the court. If I don’t hear Rammer say “Jimmerson, from Swampscott...BANG! He got it!”, why are we even doing this?

Pistol, Zink, brianstl and 2 others like this

11 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

I was just in the Boston area a week ago. Stayed in a town a little bit north of Boston called Swampscott. It looks to be about 5ish feet beyond the arc on the right side of the court. If I don’t hear Rammer say “Jimmerson, from Swampscott...BANG! He got it!”, why are we even doing this?

For sure.

Oh man, this gives me a better idea for our court than the St. Louis skyline - a metro area map where center court is Midtown - overlaid roughly like the image below. And then Rammer and Earl could just go deep in to hyper-local reference mode, naming high schools and restaurants and whatnot.

STL Metro.PNG

CBFan, ARon, Zink and 1 other like this

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

For sure.

Oh man, this gives me a better idea for our court than the St. Louis skyline - a metro area map where center court is Midtown - overlaid roughly like the image below. And then Rammer and Earl could just go deep in to hyper-local reference mode, naming high schools and restaurants and whatnot.

STL Metro.PNG

Jimerson from Ragazzi’s on Dagget bang he got it or Collins weaves threw the state streets and passes to French at the Arch, Jan time!

4 hours ago, Pistol said:

Gloucester is by Cape Ann North of Boston, Greenfield and Pittsfield (which truthfully is the Pits) are in the Western part of MA. Mt. Washington is in northern NH (not sure if it is in the Greeen Mountains or the White Mountains), Truro is  way out near the tip of Cape Cod and I have no idea where Longmeadow is at. Yes, it is a nice idea to have a picture of the state in the court, but the size they chose is way over done. Thinking about it, if you were to visit all of these places by car you would have to cover a good chunk of MA plus nice piece of NH.

My favorite area out of all of those  mentioned are the Gloucester area and Cape Ann. Good memories, my first scuba certification dive was off Cape Ann, way back in 1975.

9 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

If KMOX lost the Blues, the there would be no conflicts on KMOX since the baseball and college basketball seasons don't overlap.  We may not be a priority for either KMOX or 101.1 as far as marketing, but we wouldn't be getting bumped from our normal station constantly if we were with KMOX.

-KMOX broadcasts spring training Cardinal games, there would be conflicts 

Quality Is Job 1 likes this