2019-20 Season

https://instagram.com/stories/saintlouismbb/2099872258450172153?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=1xs0kd287jdlk

Not sure why this link won't embed but Yuri clip from men's basketball Instagram story.  Don't know if I've ever been more excited about a recruit just from a style of play perspective. 

slu72 and SLU_Nick like this

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

https://instagram.com/stories/saintlouismbb/2099872258450172153?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=1xs0kd287jdlk

Not sure why this link won't embed but Yuri clip from men's basketball Instagram story.  Don't know if I've ever been more excited about a recruit just from a style of play perspective. 

Wish I could see this. Sounds like you got a case of Yurimania.

4 hours ago, slu72 said:

Wish I could see this. Sounds like you got a case of Yurimania.

If you go to their story you can watch it but it's a no look, on the move, one hand pass from the top of the arc to the block. I think to Jimmy Bell who #jamtimes it. I've had yurimania since I watched him play in the state playoffs. A true pg is just fun to watch imo. 

CBFan likes this

13 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

If you go to their story you can watch it but it's a no look, on the move, one hand pass from the top of the arc to the block. I think to Jimmy Bell who #jamtimes it. I've had yurimania since I watched him play in the state playoffs. A true pg is just fun to watch imo. 

Would like to see that. There is nothing more exciting in BB than to see a great assist that results in a score. It thrills a crowd more than a jam or a 3 pointer.

first ncaa bracketology is out https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/bracketology/

According to this, A10 is predicted to have 3 reps( UD, VCU, and Davidson)

Also: Seton Hall, eastern Washington, and Auburn make the list.   If this holds, SLU will face 6 NCAA teams, which seems a little higher than normal, yes?

If my math is right we've got 8 of 13 OOC games scheduled. Will all 5 be buy games at the Fetz? 3 of the 8 are on neutral courts. The other 5 are all at the Fetz. Is it a good idea to have 10 home games. I'd think we will try to get 2 more road games, and fill in with 3 buy games. 2 more road games makes me think they might be trying to arrange a home and home with one or two P5 + P2 schools or a couple of reputable mid majors. 

19 minutes ago, wgstl said:

first ncaa bracketology is out https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/bracketology/

According to this, A10 is predicted to have 3 reps( UD, VCU, and Davidson)

Also: Seton Hall, eastern Washington, and Auburn make the list.   If this holds, SLU will face 6 NCAA teams, which seems a little higher than normal, yes?

I think we faced at least 7 tourney teams during the 2013-14 season but I could be wrong. I'd say we average around 4-5 tourney teams/year (3 in A10 and 1 or 2 non-con)

40 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Goodwin, Perkins, Jacobs, thatch, hargrove, hasahn?

Looks like it, then the video cuts out but Bess finishes with the last 

actually don’t think that was Perkins. 

1 hour ago, Compton said:

I think that's Jimmy Bell at the end. 

I thought that at first too. But somebody says Has and I don't think Jimmy got it like that... Yet. 

Not sure if that was Perkins. But didn't know who else that could of been. Seriously though who was second? They made that windmill off that alleyoop look way too easy.

9 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

I thought that at first too. But somebody says Has and I don't think Jimmy got it like that... Yet. 

Not sure if that was Perkins. But didn't know who else that could of been. Seriously though who was second? They made that windmill off that alleyoop look way too easy.

It sorta looks like Hightower, but I don’t know if Hightower has that type of bounce 

11 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

Perkins was 2nd

You sure? On a Instagram post Fred has video that extends another 20 seconds longer, in which someone wearing a different shirt than #2 and that looked like Perkins 

3 hours ago, Coach314 said:

Perkins was 2nd

That's what I thought. Looks like he's got easy bounce and an ideal frame. Also great to see him fitting right in to the team. Can't wait for the season to start.

In the Instagram video Bess comes in after hasahn but you can't see that from the Twitter clip. Looks like they are all having fun. Team blue is starting to carryover and mean something. I'm running out of off season towels.