2019-20 Season

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

Kc hankton could have a super sophomore year. That rebound and shot at the end was amazing 

Hope you’re right...for a freshman I thought Hankton was effective in limited minutes ...seems similar in style of play to Welmer. Nothing flashy but effective & an outside threat.

2 minutes ago, VeniceMenace said:

Hope you’re right...for a freshman I thought Hankton was effective in limited minutes ...seems similar in style of play to Welmer. Nothing flashy but effective & an outside threat.

Welmer was a way better shooter, rebounder and rim protector.   I guess you could call hankton a poor man's welmer.

1 minute ago, billiken_roy said:

Welmer was a way better shooter, rebounder and rim protector.   I guess you could call hankton a poor man's welmer.

we'll really never know. Sure welmer was better as a frosh at 3's while KC had the big advantage at the line, but KC has a ton of potential too.  And 2 inches in height can really help with wingspan regarding the rim protecting.  KC to me is a SF aka 3, while welmer would have been an ideal 4.  

4 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

You can't tell how good a shooter is guy is based on 2 shots and 6 min a game. KC didn't get enough minutes to get into a groove last year. This year he has a chance to double those minutes.

the few times he got decent PT you could tell he was far more comfortable 

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Hankton's trigger looks pretty quick in this video, too. If he can hit at a consistent clip, he has minutes in his future.

When I was at SLU back in the early aughts, we practiced at Harris-Stowe from time to time, too. Sometimes the floors need to get waxed. Sometimes the women's team or volleyball or another team has the gym reserved. Sometimes there's a camp in the summer. It's a non-issue, and we're lucky to have a gym across the street that the players can walk to for summer workouts.

-come on, don't throw reality into the mix

41 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Has anyone heard or seen anything about how Jacobs is doing this year?

On the limited talk I’ve heard, sounds like he’s doing well and ready to contribute 

Not to discount the glowing accolades heaped on Jimmerson, but Yuri Don't Worry received some high praise as well. Love the "old school" PG comment. We got us a Cousy and Stockton in the making, fellas! I can already here the Oohs and Aahs reverberating from the rafters after his sweet passes. 

i'd rather see the making of our own paul pierce / rick barry with jimerson.   jimerson's reputed talent gets me the most excited of all our incoming.   

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

i'd rather see the making of our own paul pierce / rick barry with jimerson.   jimerson's reputed talent gets me the most excited of all our incoming.   

Collins, Hargrove and, Jimerson, the three will be special players fondly thought of after they graduate.

AGB91 likes this

5 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Collins, Hargrove and, Jimerson, the three will be special players fondly thought of after they graduate.

They, along with Bell and Diarra, will have have an excellent shot at surpassing the legacy shared by the Evans/Jett/McCall/Loe cohort.  I don't know if they can surpass the total number of conference exploits of their predecessors (2 reg. season titles & 1 conf. tourney championship) — but it's possible — but they should have a good shot at exceeding their total of 3 NCAA Tournament wins and getting the program beyond the 2nd round for the first time.  They have the benefit of playing two years with higher caliber upperclassmen (at least somewhat so) than the Evans/Jett group had, and they'll mostly likely get some more help in the classes to follow them than Crews could bring in for Majerus's guys, because Ford is a far superior recruiter.

Zink, willie, bauman and 1 other like this

Let's hope all 5 are present and unhurt in 4 months, then the dreaming can commence.Looks great on paper but we've had that dissipate few times post the first grade coach.

If they are there and we have Perkins too should be some fun OOC games before 2020.

I love the sharp shooters height. He and Yuri could shatter some stats in a 4 year run.

You have to like the way Ford has crafted this incoming class. He'll have 3 Jrs, 2 Sophs, and 5 FR. It's not a hodge podge of athletic types that we're going to be square pegs trying to fit round holes. A true natural PG, a sharp shooting wing, a real leaper who can be a menace on the inside, and two full bodied bigs. Playing alongside French and JGood they will learn quickly. Now, if the two Sophs step up we could be in for a very special ride. I'd like to see another sniper and PF in 2020 to round out this group. 

4 hours ago, slu72 said:

Not to discount the glowing accolades heaped on Jimmerson, but Yuri Don't Worry received some high praise as well. Love the "old school" PG comment. We got us a Cousy and Stockton in the making, fellas! I can already here the Oohs and Aahs reverberating from the rafters after his sweet passes. 

Dude, it’s Jimerson

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

You have to like the way Ford has crafted this incoming class. He'll have 3 Jrs, 2 Sophs, and 5 FR. It's not a hodge podge of athletic types that we're going to be square pegs trying to fit round holes. A true natural PG, a sharp shooting wing, a real leaper who can be a menace on the inside, and two full bodied bigs. Playing alongside French and JGood they will learn quickly. Now, if the two Sophs step up we could be in for a very special ride. I'd like to see another sniper and PF in 2020 to round out this group. 

You left out a Soph and a grad transfer. But yes, it could shape up!  

14 hours ago, slu72 said:

Got it. It's in my phone as a double m. I gotta watch that. 

Then change it in your phone.  That sounds like a pretty simple solution.  Or take the easy way out of your problem and use GJ.

19 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

They, along with Bell and Diarra, will have have an excellent shot at surpassing the legacy shared by the Evans/Jett/McCall/Loe cohort.  I don't know if they can surpass the total number of conference exploits of their predecessors (2 reg. season titles & 1 conf. tourney championship) — but it's possible — but they should have a good shot at exceeding their total of 3 NCAA Tournament wins and getting the program beyond the 2nd round for the first time.  They have the benefit of playing two years with higher caliber upperclassmen (at least somewhat so) than the Evans/Jett group had, and they'll mostly likely get some more help in the classes to follow them than Crews could bring in for Majerus's guys, because Ford is a far superior recruiter.

Don’t forget about Jake Barnett!

1 hour ago, Slufan10 said:

Don’t forget about Jake Barnett!

i have been trying to forget since he set foot on slu's campus.