2019-20 Season

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, not the NET raising home/away we could use, but perhaps an extra W or two in there.  Not doubling down on VCU, St. Bonnie, Davidson or Rhody won't help us. 

Getting VCU and St. Bonnie at home is nice.  At least we are splitting what should be top half teams that we don't play twice.  [Davidson and Rhody being the other two away.]

21 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Looks like neither Bell nor Diarra got past French.  Frosh, this is big boy basketball.  Leave your stars *** at the door.

Hoosier, the same could be said for nearly every starter in the conference, even seniors....Has nothing to do with star ratings and everything to do with French being a force...can we be more encouraging of the freshmen?

9 minutes ago, VeniceMenace said:

Hoosier, the same could be said for nearly every starter in the conference, even seniors....Has nothing to do with star ratings and everything to do with French being a force...can we be more encouraging of the freshmen?

I'm sure reading this forum is required of all our players and their moods fluctuate with every post.  I will keep that in mind next time I post anything negative.  Thanks so much.  

VeniceMenace likes this

3 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Good news:

The freshmen bigs are going to be hard to move down low.

The bad news:

Matt Neufeld jumps better than both of these guys.

I agree & what’s nice is we have two of them....past years we would only get one big, many times a stiff. They fit the bully ball vibe.

When you’re around 6’10” you don’t exactly need to be a leader to touch the rim. So I’ll take it.

28 minutes ago, VeniceMenace said:

I agree & what’s nice is we have two of them....past years we would only get one big, many times a stiff. They fit the bully ball vibe.

When you’re around 6’10” you don’t exactly need to be a leader to touch the rim. So I’ll take it.

Which one do you think will leap into a leadership role first? 😁

Check  out the Instagram links on the home page of Billikens.com for clips of Yuri and Hargrove. Very impressive. Yuri drawing two defenders on a baseline drive then making a sweet underhand dish to French for a wide open basket. French didn't even jam it. Just finger rolled it in. Suhweet! I really do think Yuri finds his way into the starting lineup before all is said and done, because he will make guys like French, Perkins, Hargrove, and Jimerson that much more effective.

Then, Hargrove taking a neat pass from who I think is Thatch and going in for a reverse dunk. The kid can sky! I've been around long enough to know you can't get too excited about pre season practices and hype highlite videos, but these two plays are fun to watch.  Getting a little anxious about Perkins still being MIA. I hope it's not a hang up with our admissions people, because there would be plenty of suitors willing to look the other way when it comes to credit transfers.

3 hours ago, slu72 said:

Getting a little anxious about Perkins still being MIA. I hope it's not a hang up with our admissions people, because there would be plenty of suitors willing to look the other way when it comes to credit transfers.

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, regarding Perkins's arrival.  He has until August.  Remember, Tramaine Isabell committed in June (or May?) but didn't get on campus until August.

Actually I feel that things have worked out pretty well for me, OG. Since you don't know me, I would say it is kind of presumptuous of you to assume that things have 'not many time's worked out in an ideal manner.  I am a positive guy, and in my experience, folks with positive attitudes generally do ok.  I'm here, the Bills are league champs, the Blues are Stanley Cup champs, my family's health is good....that's how I view it.

Over time we minimize the bad things that happen, remember the good.  That is human nature. Even the axxholes that jump in here and post stupid stuff don't bother me.  Love the ignore button.

mhg

18 hours ago, Old guy said:

Good for you Billikenbooster, my experience with life has been diametrically opposite to yours. I did manage well for myself and mine but my life has definitely not been a cake walk. However, who cares, this is water under the bridge.

Life will be fantastic if we can just land a grad transfer!