OT: The NHL needs to fold

20 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

Interesting thing I looked up:

The last time St. Louis was in the World Series, the Cardinals lost - - - to Boston

The last time St. Louis was in the Super Bowl, the Rams lost - - - to Boston

The last time St. Louis was in the Stanley Cup Finals, the Blues lost - - - to Boston

The last time St. Louis was in the NBA Finals, the Hawks lost - - - to Boston

cant have that negative juju, take your bad post. 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, cgeldmacher said:

Sounds like a typical Boston reaction.  Idiots.  If there was a Cardinal player that grew up in Boston cheering for the Bruins, I would have no problem him pulling for them now.

While I do agree, unfortunately I believe I remember Keith Tkachuk getting flak for wearing a Red Sox hat to the World Series in 04.  

well i guess i shouldnt post pictures sunday night me wearing my Braves jersey at the game.   😄

The last time St. Louis was in the World Series, the Cardinals lost - - - to Boston

The last time St. Louis was in the Stanley Cup Finals, the Blues lost - - - to Boston

It is time to break this trend by beating the Bruins, go Blues.

Well about time we go all Bob Barker on them then:

Image result for bob barker happy gilmore gif

Anyone attending game 3 or 4? THere won't be a game 6 because the Blues are going to sweep the Bruins who swept the Canes who swept the Islanders who swept the Pens.

Looks like lower bowl tix for game 4 (Monday the 1st of June) are starting at $950. After Stubhub's fees, it will probably cost $10,000.

For those curious about ticket prices in Boston, Game 2 lower bowl tix in Boston are starting at $715 on Stubhub. Surprised but also not surprised. I believe this is their 3rd Cup Finals in 9 years.

59 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Anyone attending game 3 or 4? THere won't be a game 6 because the Blues are going to sweep the Bruins who swept the Canes who swept the Islanders who swept the Pens.

Looks like lower bowl tix for game 4 (Monday the 1st of June) are starting at $950. After Stubhub's fees, it will probably cost $10,000.

For those curious about ticket prices in Boston, Game 3 lower bowl tix in Boston are starting at $715 on Stubhub. Surprised but also not surprised. I believe this is their 3rd Cup Finals in 9 years.

I'll be at game 3.

CBFan likes this

4 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

Sounds like a typical Boston reaction.  Idiots.  If there was a Cardinal player that grew up in Boston cheering for the Bruins, I would have no problem him pulling for them now.

Keith Tkachuk was heckled by a drunken hoosier in Game 3 of the 2004 World Series for wearing Red Sox gear. 

6 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

I was thinking the same thing I did not know about the Hawks losing to Boston.

This Boston curse needs a name and it must be broken.

3 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

I'll be at game 3.

Nice! Same here. Was initially thinking game 4 so I can watch us sweep the Bruins but game 3 makes a ton of sense: first Stanley Cup game in St. Louis in almost 5 decades and it's a weekend night. 

2 hours ago, Brighton said:

Keith Tkachuk was heckled by a drunken hoosier in Game 3 of the 2004 World Series for wearing Red Sox gear. 

I was sitting about 5 rows behind Tkachuk during that game. It was way more than 1 drunken hoosier. They were coming out of the woodwork. I can't remember for sure but I think Doug Weight sat with him.

Keith was also gracious enough to provide me with a pinch of his Skoal long cut before the game started 🤗

13 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Nice! Same here. Was initially thinking game 4 so I can watch us sweep the Bruins but game 3 makes a ton of sense: first Stanley Cup game in St. Louis in almost 5 decades and it's a weekend night. 

I bought them drunk, there wasn't a lot of thought for me.

On 5/23/2019 at 7:51 PM, CBFan said:

I was thinking the same thing I did not know about the Hawks losing to Boston.

This Boston curse needs a name and it must be broken.

It's the curse of the Fox Sports Midwest Commercial.  For those who don't recall, Fox Sports Midwest ran a commercial in 2000 (maybe 2001) making fun of Boston sports teams and hyping our string of success.  It had two Boston sports fans sitting in a bar lamenting the state of their sports teams.  Well, a year later the Rams lose to the Patriots and the rest is history. 

CBFan and majerus mojo like this