JUCOs

ACE

With the pool of grad transfer bigs continuing to shrink, perhaps the staff is looking at JUCOs. They'll update this list again on May 21, so several of these players unsigned players have committed. 

Perkins is ranked 10th and Mo State has the 2nd ranked player. Dana Ford keeps killing it with recruiting like this, he won't be at Mo State for long.

https://www.jucorecruiting.com/2019-juco-basketball-top-100-rankings

Ford and the staff, to my knowledge, have never stated that they were targeting only  a GT.  What they have said is 'Experienced Big'.  Corey Tate said, 'there is no forumula for recruiting.  How they get here doesn't matter'.

So in response to your post, @ACE , yeah.  If we burn all our 2020 scholarships, so be it.  I'll trade a successful 2019-20 season for an unknown in the future.

MO State is going to be much better, and Memphis could be a Top 5 program.  There are several regional programs that would certainly help our NET over the likes of NC Central and SEMO.

25 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Ford and the staff, to my knowledge, have never stated that they were targeting only  a GT.  What they have said is 'Experienced Big'.  Corey Tate said, 'there is no forumula for recruiting.  How they get here doesn't matter'.

So in response to your post, @ACE , yeah.  If we burn all our 2020 scholarships, so be it.  I'll trade a successful 2019-20 season for an unknown in the future.

MO State is going to be much better, and Memphis could be a Top 5 program.  There are several regional programs that would certainly help our NET over the likes of NC Central and SEMO.

Which will be vacated after an investigation into Penny.

5 hours ago, ACE said:

With the pool of grad transfer bigs continuing to shrink, perhaps the staff is looking at JUCOs. They'll update this list again on May 21, so several of these players unsigned players have committed. 

Perkins is ranked 10th and Mo State has the 2nd ranked player. Dana Ford keeps killing it with recruiting like this, he won't be at Mo State for long.

https://www.jucorecruiting.com/2019-juco-basketball-top-100-rankings

I'd be stunned if we go into next year with no scholarships available for the 2020 class. Yes, people always leave and all that, but we aren't a school that has oversubscribed in the past. They'll either find a grad transfer or sit on it.

2 minutes ago, kshoe said:

I'd be stunned if we go into next year with no scholarships available for the 2020 class. Yes, people always leave and all that, but we aren't a school that has oversubscribed in the past. They'll either find a grad transfer or sit on it.

We will have at least one available with Lewis. 

Even with Lewis only playing next year, I agree with Kshoe that we should only add a GT or sit on the 13th scholarship, which would give us 2 sure openings for the 2020 class.  If someone leaves then that would add to the 2 openings, which would be fine, from a numbers standpoint.  I think we need 3 at a minimum for 2020, if for no other reason than class balance.

As excited as I am with the incoming recruiting class, that excitement is tempered by the realization of how difficult it is to incorporate 5 Freshmen, along with two upperclassmen, into a cohesive team.  Remember the old truism, the best thing about Freshmen is that they become Sophomores.