Madani Diarra committed

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen a highlight film but just watching that video you have to like his midrange shot. He looks to have a nice soft consistent stroke. Now please don't tell me he hit 52% from the line last year.

Welcome Madani. 

Here's my write-up on the commitment.

He and Bell certainly add a lot of intrigue. French has no other natural bigs playing with him but now has two massive freshmen who will need some time to develop.

The YouTube 6-minute documentary on him (shared above) is worth watching. He seems like a really nice kid. He's had some unfortunate luck injury-wise and missed almost two years - a season and a half of HS and the two most crucial AAU years. That explains why he's a virtual ghost in terms of recruiting info.

His size and long-term potential are undeniable. It's just a matter of when and how much.

It's also worth noting that right after losing our NYC connection, Van Macon, we land an NYC-area player.

The last scholarship is going to be interesting.

SLU_Nick likes this

5 minutes ago, Pistol said:

He and Bell certainly add a lot of intrigue. French has no other natural bigs playing with him but now has two massive freshmen who will need some time to develop.

The YouTube 6-minute documentary on him (shared above) is worth watching. He seems like a really nice kid. He's had some unfortunate luck injury-wise and missed almost two years - a season and a half of HS and the two most crucial AAU years. That explains why he's a virtual ghost in terms of recruiting info.

His size and long-term potential are undeniable. It's just a matter of when and how much.

It's also worth noting that right after losing our NYC connection, Van Macon, we land an NYC-area player.

Diarra’s team beat Vashon by 9 this past season in a national tournament. Have no idea whether he played in that one.

22 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Van probably did the initial work on finding Diarra and having some preliminary discussions

Welcome to team blue Mandani,  I hope for a healthy and successful college career in the class and on the court.

Fireball!

a big roll of the dice just as bell is/was.   however both have loads of potential since you cant teach 6'11".   At this point in the year with the cream of the grad transfers gone, i say this is a worthy endeavor.    judging by his twitter statements, he seems very enthused about coming.   fingers crossed the injury continues to heel and he defies all.   

9 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

a big roll of the dice just as bell is/was.   however both have loads of potential since you cant teach 6'11".   At this point in the year with the cream of the grad transfers gone, i say this is a worthy endeavor.    judging by his twitter statements, he seems very enthused about coming.   fingers crossed the injury continues to heel and he defies all.   

My hope is that by season end, Bell + Diarra more or less = Foreman:  which was 21 minutes, 6 points, 4 rebounds