Things you know from a Methdale degree that you wouldn't learn at Northwestern

It's the offseason this deserves it's own topic. Here are a few to start.

1. The best trailer skirting and how much you need for a standard double wide.

2. How well is actually well-done

3. The best use for your discarded 2 liter bottles. (also does a coke or pepsi bottle work better)

Learn how to crush PBRs using your forehead, while calculating how much of your salary you must save out of the $103,000 to $123,000 a year you now make as a CMD.

You have to budget for PBR, Dominos pizza with delivery, the $50 per month trailer rental, periodic visits to Piggly Wiggly, and lots of gas money to visit civilization. And toilet paper, lots of toilet paper.

I get that this is a joke, but I’m still going to point out why this is stupid.

First of all, the idea that these grad transfers are all using the grad transfer as a way to enhance themselves academically is a bit off. One year isn’t a long time to obtain a high level grad degree. I think our grad transfers were enrolled in a postgrad (and maybe online) certificate program.

Second, as someone with a graduate degree from SIU, I’ll take this time to say that I’m glad to have attended SIU. While Carbondale isn’t the height of sophistication, the jokes about the place on this board are a little wide of the mark. 

With that said, I’d rather have the same degree from Northwestern, but I don’t think many grad transfers are taking law school classes.

RUBillsFan likes this

48 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

I get that this is a joke, but I’m still going to point out why this is stupid.

First of all, the idea that these grad transfers are all using the grad transfer as a way to enhance themselves academically is a bit off. One year isn’t a long time to obtain a high level grad degree. I think our grad transfers were enrolled in a postgrad (and maybe online) certificate program.

Second, as someone with a graduate degree from SIU, I’ll take this time to say that I’m glad to have attended SIU. While Carbondale isn’t the height of sophistication, the jokes about the place on this board are a little wide of the mark. 

With that said, I’d rather have the same degree from Northwestern, but I don’t think many grad transfers are taking law school classes.

I would go visit people in Carbondale pretty often.

i always had a blast. 

Bars were fun, drinks were cheap, people were nice, women were easy. That’s all I want in a college town.

SLU_Lax likes this