OT: Jeopardy-James Holzhauer

dlarry

59 minutes ago, Old guy said:

You could bring a laptop with you and check the internet for Jeopardy feeds from Aruba. I do not know if this would work but you could try it. Another thing you can do is to contact the concierge of your hotel in Aruba and have him check for availability of Jeopardy in Aruba, via both broadband and internet.

Enjoy, Aruba is a very nice place to go to, hope you can take some time for scuba diving.

This will be our 3rd trip to the same resort. We really like Aruba a lot and compared to several of the other Caribbean Islands we have visited it is one of the cleanest. We snorkel as my wife is unable to scuba anymore. Having been to the resort 3 times we know a number of the people who work there and they are always so kind to help us with any of our questions/needs. This resort is on Eagle Beach which we prefer over the more crowded Palm Beach.

On 4/26/2019 at 4:15 PM, dlarry said:

Details!

Did you go wire to wire?

Pass someone with final Jeopardy?

People want to know!!!

No wire-to-wire.  My first show I beat the a reigning 6-time champion in dominating fashion.  Came back the next week and had a terrible board.  I had to come from behind in Final Jeopardy to win.  The last game was tight with the final scores $26k to $25k to $24k.  I would have easily won the next two shows as all of the challengers were incredibly weak and didn't answer Final Jeopardy correctly.

It's funny how some athletes say the losses stay with them more than the wins.  That is my experience as well.

dlarry likes this

2 hours ago, Matty Light said:

No wire-to-wire.  My first show I beat the a reigning 6-time champion in dominating fashion.  Came back the next week and had a terrible board.  I had to come from behind in Final Jeopardy to win.  The last game was tight with the final scores $26k to $25k to $24k.  I would have easily won the next two shows as all of the challengers were incredibly weak and didn't answer Final Jeopardy correctly.

It's funny how some athletes say the losses stay with them more than the wins.  That is my experience as well.

What year were you on?

22 minutes ago, Matty Light said:

Season 30

Very impressive. I remember you. In fact I remember your 1st final jeopardy question as I said Luxembourg and was sure I was right. I lived nearby and was an occasional DJ in a club there and really was thinking the border was shorter than it was. 

26 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Very impressive. I remember you. In fact I remember your 1st final jeopardy question as I said Luxembourg and was sure I was right. I lived nearby and was an occasional DJ in a club there and really was thinking the border was shorter than it was. 

I knew it was either Monaco or Andorra and I managed to talk myself out of Monaco.  But really when Double Jeopardy ended and we went to Final, everything was a blur.  I looked at my score and looked at the champ's score and it hit me that I couldn't be caught.  It was like going to the line for a couple of free throws with 10 seconds left and you are up by 9.  It is kind of hard to concentrate on the free throws when you know it is over.

slufanskip and billiken_roy like this

3 hours ago, Matty Light said:

I knew it was either Monaco or Andorra and I managed to talk myself out of Monaco.  But really when Double Jeopardy ended and we went to Final, everything was a blur.  I looked at my score and looked at the champ's score and it hit me that I couldn't be caught.  It was like going to the line for a couple of free throws with 10 seconds left and you are up by 9.  It is kind of hard to concentrate on the free throws when you know it is over.

Don't think James Holzhauer has a problem in Final Jeopardy holding the leads he has so far. I believe that he has only missed one Final Jeopardy in his run.