Why is Billiken baseball under .500 with a weak schedule?

4 hours ago, Pistol said:

Has anyone been to Rockwell yet? I think I'm going to check it out next time I'm in town. It's on Vandeventer, just outside the Grove. Good looking space, and I like the beers I've had so far. Food looks good.

I went last week. It’s good. I had forgotten that the food operation is affiliated with Gerard Craft. The burger and fries were really good. They’re similar to some of the more modern style burger places (i.e. Hi Pointe Drive In). 

An interesting aspect of their business model: they’re a “no tipping” establishment. After not seeing a place to add a tip on the screen when I closed out my tab, I tried to leave a tip on the bar as I left. I was informed that they don’t accept tips, and that they pay their employees a wage high enough to not require tips.

49 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

I went last week. It’s good. I had forgotten that the food operation is affiliated with Gerard Craft. The burger and fries were really good. They’re similar to some of the more modern style burger places (i.e. Hi Pointe Drive In). 

An interesting aspect of their business model: they’re a “no tipping” establishment. After not seeing a place to add a tip on the screen when I closed out my tab, I tried to leave a tip on the bar as I left. I was informed that they don’t accept tips, and that they pay their employees a wage high enough to not require tips.

I’m sorry, but I don’t want to give business to a place that won’t let me tip.  If I receive really outstanding service I wan’t to be able to reward that, regardless of the hourly rate the server is being paid.

52 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

Tapped in Maplewood is like that too. 

They have a container on the counter that says if you insist on tipping leave it here and it will be donated to the Boys and Girls club of Saint Louis.

6 hours ago, Pistol said:

Has anyone been to Rockwell yet? I think I'm going to check it out next time I'm in town. It's on Vandeventer, just outside the Grove. Good looking space, and I like the beers I've had so far. Food looks good.

Ah yes, I need to return. Went once for beer after a game, but tried to return for a burger and beer before a game and it was closed. Definitely need to get back, good reminder.