Why is Billiken baseball under .500 with a weak schedule?

Doesn't make any sense they were pretty good last year.

It will be pretty embarrassing to not finish above .500 with such a weak schedule.
2 games vs #175 Fordam
1 game vs # 266 Semo  :cry: 
1 game vs #165 Murry St
3 games vs # 180 Davidson
1 game vs # 224 SIUE  :cry: 
3 game vs # 108 Rhode Island
1 game vs #240 Bradley  :cry: 
3 games vs #275 George Mason  :cry: 
1 game vs # 159 SIUC
3 games vs #183 Richmond

so you will be waino today?   i thought you were all about brighton?  make up your mind.  just curious how many monikers have you used between billikens.com and stltoday.com?   got to be some sort of record. 

My argument is that the Billikens aren't very good even though they play an easy schedule.

Now maybe you want to tell me they play a difficult schedule - looking forward to your information.

The A-10 is only a one bid league.

The A-10 must not be a good baseball conference then.

Has anyone been to Rockwell yet? I think I'm going to check it out next time I'm in town. It's on Vandeventer, just outside the Grove. Good looking space, and I like the beers I've had so far. Food looks good.

7 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Has anyone been to Rockwell yet? I think I'm going to check it out next time I'm in town. It's on Vandeventer, just outside the Grove. Good looking space, and I like the beers I've had so far. Food looks good.

It’s pretty good. Not enough of a dark ale selection though, unfortunately. Haven’t gotten the food, but I’ve heard great things about the burgers. 

24 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

so you will be waino today?   i thought you were all about brighton?  make up your mind.  just curious how many monikers have you used between billikens.com and stltoday.com?   got to be some sort of record. 

18 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I love when I go to beer related websites and all they do is ask "Are you 21". Imagine if that was the law at bars.

7 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

geez how can you even begin to administrate that?   the guy is an obvious nutjob.  

HoosierPal likes this

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

I have and I thought the beer was solid. The burger and fries were money. Not normally a big burger guy but I really enjoyed there's. That patio looks nice (was cold when I was there so we were inside) and the inside is also pretty cool. I think they are going to do well. I want to try to get to that center ice brewery. Have they started serving food yet? I can't remember but I thought someone said that was a work in progress. Could be completely wrong though.

26 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

I have and I thought the beer was solid. The burger and fries were money. Not normally a big burger guy but I really enjoyed there's. That patio looks nice (was cold when I was there so we were inside) and the inside is also pretty cool. I think they are going to do well. I want to try to get to that center ice brewery. Have they started serving food yet? I can't remember but I thought someone said that was a work in progress. Could be completely wrong though.

It's been a while since I went to Center Ice, but I thought their beer was pretty mediocre. I don't think a kitchen is in the plans, but I could be wrong. They share a building with Pappy's and Southern so it doesn't strike me as a pressing need.

Rockwell just added extra seating, which is great, because it's been slammed every time I've visited.

I heard that the warehouse buildings on either side of Rockwell have been purchased, but I don't know what's planned for them.  It would be great to see another brewery open along Vandeventer.

For what it's worth, I think Wellspent makes excellent beer. I haven't been to Twisted Roots (in the space that was previously Six Row). And there's always Urban Chestnut.

Crazy how many breweries there are so close to campus.

6 minutes ago, Pistol said:

For what it's worth, I think Wellspent makes excellent beer. I haven't been to Twisted Roots (in the space that was previously Six Row). And there's always Urban Chestnut.

Crazy how many breweries there are so close to campus.

The beers I've tried from Wellspent remind me a lot of the beers I've tried from Rockwell. So I think if you like one, you'll like the other.

1 hour ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

What category of burger would you put theirs in - like a Carl's/Stoplight type burger, or more of an O+O/Village type?