OT: John Kelly

brianstl

Is the absolute worse. I would rather listen to Gus mispronounce the names every foreign player/half of the North American players names doing a hockey game.

It hurts me to say this because his dad was the best play by play guy ever. When I was a young kid I would record myself watching games on TV trying to be Dan Kelly. Dan Jr was bad when he was here, but he has improved greatly since he left town. He just was not ready for the job he got at a young age. Not his dad but respectable. John just gets worse every year. He doesn’t even pay attention to what is going on on the ice half the time anymore and his brain never worked quick enough to keep up with the pace of play.

The guy is stealing a paycheck.

I miss Ken Wilson and Joe Micheletti.

Super homers but could get you excited about a meaningless game in December.

Im not sure I’d like them now but listening to them when I was younger was great. “Oh baby!!”

And what a win.

LGB

1 minute ago, dlarry said:

Im not sure I’d like them now but listening to them when I was younger was great. “Oh baby!!”

And what a win.

LGB

Loved them both growing up.  Not sure how much I would like Wilson now, but Micheletti is still one of the best.

34 minutes ago, dlarry said:

And what a win.

LGB

Ken and Joe were the best.

Pretty sure Kenny is currently laying beachside in Maui having drinks delivered to him by 2 Polynesian babes.

Dan Kelly was the best. My brother and I used to put our "Best of Dan Kelly" cassette on and reenact the plays he was calling in our basement. My dad used to go to Charcoal House after Blues games with Dan. He sure knew how to throw back steak, booze, and cigs.

18 hours ago, dlarry said:

And what a win.

LGB

HERE COMES CHEVELDAE!!!