OT: Game of Thrones [Includes Spoilers]

crymdg2

On 4/12/2019 at 11:39 AM, MattyMo213 said:

And who is the prince that was promised?

John Snow. He is the mixing of Targarían, fire, and Stark, ice. To me, that is the song of fire and ice, a legend or prophesy of the mixing of these blood lines. There will be one last castle which people will flee to at the end. That group will make a last stand. Not sure who will be there. I think Tyrion will make it. Snow may be there, or may be somewhere else trying to stop the apocolypse. I think he will die in the act, and so will Daneirys, along with all of the dragons. Either there will be a small group that live, couple hundred, or it could be that everyone dies, the apocopyse stops, and Westeros is left uninhabited.

slu72 likes this

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is pretty negative projection ankiel. GOT is not a series about Armageddon, it is a series about good and evil in many different forms. I have no doubt a lot of people will die, I also have no doubt the white walkers will be exterminated and Cersei will have a painful protracted death. However, like in most good Hollywood movies, evil will lose and good will remain. Mind you, we are not talking about reality here, it is a movie. Or a book if you wish to bring this up as well.

3 hours ago, Old guy said:

That is pretty negative projection ankiel. GOT is not a series about Armageddon, it is a series about good and evil in many different forms. I have no doubt a lot of people will die, I also have no doubt the white walkers will be exterminated and Cersei will have a painful protracted death. However, like in most good Hollywood movies, evil will lose and good will remain. Mind you, we are not talking about reality here, it is a movie. Or a book if you wish to bring this up as well.

There is a part in the books, not sure where, that talked about what happened the last time the white walkers attacked. Humanity was pushed to one last castle and one last stand. I think this was fairly straightforward foreshadowing. I don’t think the end will be that complicated.  Good will win, but there will be a pretty high price for all of the failings and misdeeds of the characters of the story, as well as the greater society.

11 minutes ago, rgbilliken said:

Coming here to propagate the fan theory that Bran is actually the Night King (he went back in time and warged into one of the First Men to try to save the world and it backfired). 

I think there is a chance the Night King is still doing the bidding of the children of the forest.

4 minutes ago, jonny karate said:

I still think tyrion is a targareon. Daenarys will be queen Westeros. Jon king of north Tyrion king south

I think there is a better chance Jaime and Cersi are Targaryen. Would explain all the blond hair and incest. Plus, it would be another reason why the Mad King wanted him as part of the King’s Guard.  It would be fitting the one child Tywin hated and who hetold wasn’t said wasn’t his son was his only heir. 

12 hours ago, brianstl said:

I heard a theory on a podcast that Cersei is marching the Lannister army and the Golden Company north. Her plan is to attack both the army of the dead and Danny/Jon army while both are weakened with exposed flanks. 

Cersei is dumb enough to do this, I guess. Would be another way to get her killed before the Night King at least (which I think has to happen). 

BATTLE OF WINTERFELL DEATHS: Ser Brienne, Theon, Grey Worm (OR Missandei, in the crypts? I heard they were safe), Jorah, Tormund, the Hound -- to be resurrected by Beric (why else is he still around?) *Airhorns Intensify* 

ALTERNATE THEORY: Jaime dies in Brienne's arms, in turn, Arya kills Cersei wearing Jaime's face. 

Melisandre Ex Machina: The Red Woman missing out on the battle vs. the Darkness? Color me skeptical. 

rgbilliken likes this

8 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Cersei is dumb enough to do this, I guess. Would be another way to get her killed before the Night King at least (which I think has to happen). 

BATTLE OF WINTERFELL DEATHS: Ser Brienne, Theon, Grey Worm (OR Missandei, in the crypts? I heard they were safe), Jorah, Tormund, the Hound -- to be resurrected by Beric (why else is he still around?) *Airhorns Intensify* 

ALTERNATE THEORY: Jaime dies in Brienne's arms, in turn, Arya kills Cersei wearing Jaime's face. 

Melisandre Ex Machina: The Red Woman missing out on the battle vs. the Darkness? Color me skeptical. 

It would actually be the a smart move from Cersei.  Join the attack mid battle while your enemies are weakened, distracted and exposed.  It would work well until the Golden Company turns on her because they are really working for Melisandre.

Brienne, Theon, Edd, Grey Worm and Tormund are definite goners.  I am for the first time actually worried about Sam.  With him giving his family sword away and the conversation he had at the wall with Jon and Edd, it really felt like what they do with a character before he dies.

22 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I am for the first time actually worried about Sam.  With him giving his family sword away and the conversation he had at the wall with Jon and Edd, it really felt like what they do with a character before he dies.

No bigger lock than the final scene of the series being Sam sitting down to write "A Song of Ice and Fire" 

Spoon-Balls likes this

2 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

No bigger lock than the final scene of the series being Sam sitting down to write "A Song of Ice and Fire" 

That is how I thought the show would end since Sam talked about the title of the books at the Citadel.  I don't think Sam will die, but I am not as confident as I was before.

I was a little disappointed.  I am probably in the minority, but the episode seemed slow to me.  I did not really feel "suspense" in the beginning of the episode, and it did not seems like a lot of the scenes were meaningful.  I, however, could of just had too high of expectations.  For example, I expected more main characters to die.  These characters could be needed for future plot - but I am somewhat skeptical that all of them will be needed for future plot.

14 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

I was a little disappointed.  I am probably in the minority, but the episode seemed slow to me.  I did not really feel "suspense" in the beginning of the episode, and it did not seems like a lot of the scenes were meaningful.  I, however, could of just had too high of expectations.  For example, I expected more main characters to die.  These characters could be needed for future plot - but I am somewhat skeptical that all of them will be needed for future plot.

The episode had it's moments, but I thought it sucked overall. Not enough main characters died. It was just to hard to see what was going on at points.  The Night King acted like a Bond villain. Danny and Jon stupidly let the Dothraki get destroyed instead of leading the charge with dragon fire. If the Night King was going to be able to raise the dead in the crypts, then the crypts should have been a blood bath.  Nobody down there was fighting against the dead, but somehow there were minimal people killed in the crypts. Where did Bran fly to for 45 minutes? We didn't get a White Walker vs. a main character battle. Arya killing the Night King like she did was great, but the ending just felt anti-climatic. It looks like the show is never going to provide a satisfying backstory for what caused the Night King to act now after 8,000 years.

One thing I think, but don't think will be addressed is that Jon is already dead.  That meant the Night King couldn't kill him and that is why he didn't kill him the 3 times he had the chance. You know the Ironborn saying "What is dead may never die.....".  It could have been just the way the scenes were filmed, but it appeared to me that Jon survived being engulfed by both Dragon Fire and Ice Dragon Fire.

Zink and MattyMo213 like this