Men's Soccer 2019

Pistol

6 minutes ago, NH said:

Super unimportant response, but I don't think Hyndman ever played for Fulham. He was on Bournemouth and some Scottish teams before moving to MLS.

Hyndman spent 5 years at Fulham, including 2 years playing for the senior team. He made 25 appearances across those 2 years. 

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Hyndman spent 5 years at Fulham, including 2 years playing for the senior team. He made 25 appearances across those 2 years. 

Whoops, thanks for the correction. I must have  gotten turned around. Sorry to @Speyburn for unnecessarily and incorrectly responding to that post.

Eemy37WWoAAZ5Ng.png.c9d7d67e5a406113840f2c2842832f5e.png

On 8/3/2020 at 10:56 AM, slufanskip said:

Plus is there another PL league team that has the history with US players as Fulham? Right off the top of my head I can think of McBride, Dempsey, Bocanegra, Ream, and I think Keller played there for a year or 2. So really not just US players but some of the really best US players. 

There is also Marcus Hahnemann, Eddie Lewis, Eddie Johnson, Emerson Hyndman and Luca de la Torre.

slufanskip likes this

Carter Chapley tweeted this this morning. I don’t anything about men’s soccer recruiting, but Carter makes this kid sound very promising. Anybody got any thoughts?

slufanskip and cgeldmacher like this

11 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Kalish seems to be killing it on the recruiting side.  Hopefully, he can get his teams to put it together up the the level of their potential.

Seems like we're getting back to the level we were at in the 90's with getting top level recruits. We used to to consistently get top 10, 20 ish level players. 

3 hours ago, slufanskip said:

Seems like we're getting back to the level we were at in the 90's with getting top level recruits. We used to to consistently get top 10, 20 ish level players. 

Very encouraging!  And, while I may be alone here, I’m actually looking forward to a SLU Spring Soccer season.  I played my high school soccer in the Spring (Virginia) and my college, obviously, in the Fall.  I much prefer the Spring.

Mensah is the most common surname in Ghana. For example John Mensah (Premier League, League 1) is not related to Jonathan Mensah (Columbus Crew)...so it can be challenging to keep up with. 

Montverde is perhaps more well known for its strong National Basketball Program and National recruits, but this past decade, Mike Potempa (Clemson) has done something similar in soccer. 

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, SLUBALLS said:

Great documentary on Netflix (maybe Prime):  Take the Ball, Pass the Ball.  About Pep's Barcelona.  Very, very well done and many, many insightful things on that team and how they played.  Watching world class teammates talk about how good Messi is makes you appreciate the talent he is/was.

Sore subject right now 

5 hours ago, SLUBALLS said:

Great documentary on Netflix (maybe Prime):  Take the Ball, Pass the Ball.  About Pep's Barcelona.  Very, very well done and many, many insightful things on that team and how they played.  Watching world class teammates talk about how good Messi is makes you appreciate the talent he is/was.

Thanks for the recommendation. Messi remains the world’s best player by a pretty wide margin if you believe in advanced stats.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...