Men's Soccer 2019

Pistol

Seems like a good way to start this upcoming season's thread. Here's the first half of an article about his transfer.

This was his freshman year, and he was named to the Patriot League third team. He had 7 goals and 2 assists in 17 games; their next leading scorer had 2 goals (they finished 3-10-4).

He was invited to the tryout camp for the U20 US National Team this winter but didn't make the 20-man roster for the final traning camp this past month.

Should be a nice addition to what looks like a strong incoming class.

Gremio14 likes this

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I concur.  This is a very solid, competitive class that Kalish is bringing in.  Good mix of transfers, STL kids,  talent , potential immediate impact on the field and high level of experience, including national team experience.  I also like the fact that we are still competing with some top soccer schools as you can see from the list of other schools the recruits were looking at.  It doesn't mean they were offered by those schools but many of the kids were aiming for top tier programs.  

slufanskip and Zink like this

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, moytoy12 said:

Thanks for the link. Collegesoccernews  used to be a weekly go to site for me to see a national perspective on the Bills. However, lately there has rarely been a mention. Hope we are getting back to the level of a team that is consistently on the national radar

• 4 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, courtside said:

Brian Johnson, 2020 Midfielder, trains with the Houston Dynamo Academy, attends Strake Jesuit, verbally committed to SLU over the weekend

I saw that earlier today on twitter.  Is he related to the Brian Johnson that used to coach youth national teams?

15 hours ago, brianstl said:

I saw that earlier today on twitter.  Is he related to the Brian Johnson that used to coach youth national teams?

I’m not sure. The older version of Brian “BJ”Johnson was a former MLS-er out of Fresno St. Assisted at West Virginia briefly. Coached about 5 years in U.S. National team youth system, most notably head coach 14’s as well as scouting various age groups. For the past several years he has been Youth Technical Director with the Indiana Fire

.....The SLU commit Brian “BJ” Johnson is a long time Houston Dynamo Academy player, for many years.....cerebral, high motor, vocal, defensive midfielder organizer ball winner type of player. 

brianstl likes this

• 2 weeks later...

Chris Bruch announced his transfer from the University of Wisconsin to SLU. He has 3 years remaining. He played his first two high school years at Peoria Notre Dame before before playing two years with St. Louis FC Academy. Had a breakout goal scoring year there. Former U Wisconsin camper. John Trask has had a lot of success recruiting St. Louis kids over the years at his various stops. Prior to St. Louis FC academy, Bruch spent several years with St. Louis Scott Gallagher. He will be playing with several familiar teammates and coaches. He will provide depth up front at forward as well as midfield for SLU. 

johnbj14 and slufanskip like this

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Incoming SLU Freshman Evan Southern, of Oakwood (CT) Developmental Academy. was named to the best 11 team for Eastern Conference Academy teams. He is one of 3 forwards to make the team. (There are 35 Eastern Conference Teams in the three conference U.S. Developmental League.)

Also, Erich Legut of FC Wisconsin (2020) committed to SLU. 

1 hour ago, courtside said:

Incoming SLU Freshman Evan Southern, of Oakwood (CT) Developmental Academy. was named to the best 11 team for Eastern Conference Academy teams. He is one of 3 forwards to make the team. (There are 35 Eastern Conference Teams in the three conference U.S. Developmental League.)

Also, Erich Legut of FC Wisconsin (2020) committed to SLU. 

Thanks for the continued updates. I'm looking forward to the season with more excitement than I have had in a while

courtside likes this

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...