Eric Williams Jr Leaving Duquesne

42 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Least we won't have to face him next 2 years. Not great for the conference though. 

This is the ugly downside of the relaxed transfer rules for smaller conferences. You find a diamond in the rough and he's going to leave for greener pastures as soon as he can.

7 minutes ago, kshoe said:

This is the ugly downside of the relaxed transfer rules for smaller conferences. You find a diamond in the rough and he's going to leave for greener pastures as soon as he can.

Players in general are too quick to leave.  Every year the gap closes in college basketball. so much parity now, and it shows every march. We now see players leave power programs just to go to "lower" programs to play more. 

The part of basketball I hate the most is with players thinking they need to be in a big time conference in order to make it the pros.  As soon as players learn this, we'll see a massive balance amongst the leagues. 

-from Aug 2016 on Williams' recruiting....I couldn't find a final list or what other offers he had when he committed to Duq

EM: Congrats on your first offer from Univ. of Northwestern Ohio. Which schools show interest that haven’t yet offered?

EWJ: American University, UW-Green Bay, Holy Cross, Boston University, Kentucky State, Saginaw Valley State, Davenport

This kid always reminded me of Yarbrough .. tons of talent, but a sizable gap between the ears.  I can't imagine he's following the Yarbrough model ---- go off to a lesser school in order to be 'the man.'  He was already the man at Duquesne.  Maybe he's shooting for a larger role at a P5 school .. used Duquesne as a minor league stay as it were .... who knows.  I too will wait and see what he has planned.

The A10 transfer list isn't exactly heading off to glamorous destinations ..... Jordan Davis is going Dayton to Middle Tennessee State,  Carte'Are Gordon to DePaul, Luwane Pipkins from Umass to Providence, Leonard Randall II from Duquesne to UT-Martin, Bryce Schneider from Richmond to NOVA Southeastern, Omar Silvero from Rhodey to Hofstra, and Chris Sodom from Geedubya to a JUCO in Iowa, At least Kwan Fore went from Richmond to Louisville last year.  Joseph Chartnouny from Fordham to Marquette.  But both of those were Grad Transfers.  Tramaine and Dion to Saint Louis. 

Unknown signing and transfers around the A10 include Miles Brookins (La Salle); Jayson Brower (la Salle); Shandon Brown (Geedubya); Jared Bynum (St. Joe's); Traci Carter (La Salle); Curtis Cobb (Umass);; Jaylen Franklin (Umass); Jaire Grayer (Mason): Kieran Haywood (Umass); Lamarr Kimble (St. Joes): Dusan Kovaseciv (Davidson); Marcus Little (Geedubya); Unique McLean (Umass); Melky Moreaux (Bonaventure); Jamir Moultrie (La Salle); Tshiefu Ngalakuloundi (Bonaventure); Terry Nolan Jr (Geedubya); Keith Oddo (Richmond); Cian Sullivan (La Salle); Michael Tertsea (Rhodey): and Tre Wood (Umass).  Noen of these have a known landing spot but it's early but frankly, I never expect to hear from them again really.  Maybe Kimble and Bynum .. kind o flike Samir Doughty formerly of VCU and what he's now famous for at Auburn -- fouling Guy with .6 to go.

I can't help but wonder what Musselman taking the Arkansas job does for Mike Lewis II?  I am sure Lewis enrolled back in January given he transferred at mid-season.   Now Musselman is gone.  Kids sign with coaches but that whole program was Musselman.  Oh well ....

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Uh oh.

I feel bad for Duquesne, they appeared to be on the rise and now 2 transfers.  I thought Williams was a special player after that 40 point game against us.

5 minutes ago, CBFan said:

I feel bad for Duquesne, they appeared to be on the rise and now 2 transfers.  I thought Williams was a special player after that 40 point game against us.

I don't think Wade had much of a future, but Williams is devastating.

From the STL Today,

"Missouri was quick to contact and schedule a visit with Eric Williams Jr., Duquesne’s leading scorer who plans to transfer from the Atlantic 10 program. Williams has scheduled an official visit to Mizzou this weekend, he confirmed Tuesday."

3 minutes ago, CBFan said:

From the STL Today,

"Missouri was quick to contact and schedule a visit with Eric Williams Jr., Duquesne’s leading scorer who plans to transfer from the Atlantic 10 program. Williams has scheduled an official visit to Mizzou this weekend, he confirmed Tuesday."

It’s a shame our beat writer doesn’t give us things like this 

CBFan likes this

5 minutes ago, CBFan said:

From the STL Today,

what a surprise.  poacher martin doing what he does best.

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

what a surprise.  poacher martin doing what he does best.

Blue font, poaching is recruiting too.

I would like to beat up on Martin on this one but to be fair Mr. Williams departure was going to happen regardless but it still fun.  I wonder how many times Martin has called Mr. Hargrove or his coach to see how committed he is.

If Mr. Williams wants to go dancing stay away from Missouri and UConn.