Jump to content
Billikens.com Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
SluSignGuy

NCAA Final Four Weekend Thread

Recommended Posts

-free throws-I hope our players were watching and saw all the made ft's and, much more importantly, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, I don't care if CFord says HF "makes 80% in practice", what matters is during the game, compared to this season everyone of our guys could be better at ft's next season and beyond 

-turnovers-I think we need to instill a mentality to value the basketball, we have too many careless turnovers, look at the teams advancing in the Tourney, overall limited turnovers, I don't know how to change it but I have to believe the program has access to resources, if they are not already in house, to instill this mindset and make an improvement

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

I won my bet Saturday and I came back saying that I got lucky on the missed double dribble and felt bad for Auburn. You have no idea what you’re talking about. 

well i admit i dont focus too intently on anything you write or say.   would rather go to the zoo or sit on the steps of the arch and watch the river flow than try to follow 05

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

well i admit i dont focus too intently on anything you write or say.   would rather go to the zoo or sit on the steps of the arch and watch the river flow than try to follow 05

I think Billiken Roy and Billikenfan05 need to Indian leg wrestle to squash their beef. We could hold the grudge match at field house and broadcast live on “the house that rick built.” Loser needs to apologize on the board and 2 weeks of no posting. The squabbling is a bit ridiculous yet oddly entertaining.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I think Billiken Roy and Billikenfan05 need to Indian leg wrestle to squash their beef. We could hold the grudge match at field house and broadcast live on “the house that rick built.” Loser needs to apologize on the board and 2 weeks of no posting. The squabbling is a bit ridiculous yet oddly entertaining.

What, has paystubs in Salina gone out of favor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Correct me if I'm wrong but Tony Bennett and the Bills had history when he was a player for Wisconsin Green Bay in a NIT game played at the old Kiel Auditorium. It was a very close game that I seem to remember the Bills pulled out a win. Anyone else attend that game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Schasz said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but Tony Bennett and the Bills had history when he was a player for Wisconsin Green Bay in a NIT game played at the old Kiel Auditorium. It was a very close game that I seem to remember the Bills pulled out a win. Anyone else attend that game?

Didn’t attend, but the Bills beat the Fighting Tony Bennetts 58-54.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Didn’t attend, but the Bills beat the Fighting Tony Bennetts 58-54.

I was there and remember it as quite a defensive game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Schasz said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but Tony Bennett and the Bills had history when he was a player for Wisconsin Green Bay in a NIT game played at the old Kiel Auditorium. It was a very close game that I seem to remember the Bills pulled out a win. Anyone else attend that game?

Wow, thanks for the memory jog. I had to look it up but my late father and I were there. We were not season ticket holders yet but we attended the home NIT games those two seasons (88-89 and 89-90) that ended as runners-up. We started a long run of season tickets the next year and I'm still a ticket holder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, White Pelican said:

Wow, thanks for the memory jog. I had to look it up but my late father and I were there. We were not season ticket holders yet but we attended the home NIT games those two seasons (88-89 and 89-90) that ended as runners-up. We started a long run of season tickets the next year and I'm still a ticket holder.

If we still lived in the Lou I guarantee you that I would have season tickets for the Bills. I think Chaifetz is a great venue! We did see the Butler game and loved the great vibe. Plan to try and see a game each year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...