Jump to content
Billikens.com Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
SluSignGuy

NCAA Final Four Weekend Thread

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

I parlayed UVA and Tech.

Solid bet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, willie said:

I just watched the replay 5 times. The ref had his hand half way up before contact was made . He anticipated the foul. Was it a foul. Sure. Should it have been called . No. Not in my opinion. Don’t tell me there is not time and place in the game of basketball. Would you call a reach in at the top of the key with 5 seconds to go. Of course not. I am sure many will disagree but it should not have been called. 

Willie, I respect you. But also no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Shhhhh

Tech has this in the bag. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, willie said:

I just watched the replay 5 times. The ref had his hand half way up before contact was made . He anticipated the foul. Was it a foul. Sure. Should it have been called . No. Not in my opinion. Don’t tell me there is not time and place in the game of basketball. Would you call a reach in at the top of the key with 5 seconds to go. Of course not. I am sure many will disagree but it should not have been called. 

I thought the ref had his arm up signalling a three point attempt, then he changed the signal to a foul call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

If it's a foul it's a foul. These games have been solid.

We now have had five outstanding game in a row. I can’t remember a tournament with anything like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive always been in the camp "call everything".   I e. Its a foul.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was certainly a foul but damn its tough to call it there. The refs swallow the whistle on this 90% of the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never seen this before. Amazing pass.  That is from the semifinal game in the 1973 Final Four in St. Louis.  Most famous for Bill Walton going 21-22 from the floor in the championship game. That is Bill Laurie defending against DiGregorio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was that Kevin Stacom on the finish? Saw this Providence team in the '73 Eastern Regional in Charlotte take down Penn. Ernie D was very much like Pistol Pete with his shooting and passing ability but played more in a team concept and was surrounded by better players. That was the team that included Marvin Barnes. He was an all-time flake in the ABA but a terrific center at Providence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Was that Kevin Stacom on the finish? Saw this Providence team in the '73 Eastern Regional in Charlotte take down Penn. Ernie D was very much like Pistol Pete with his shooting and passing ability but played more in a team concept and was surrounded by better players. That was the team that included Marvin Barnes. He was an all-time flake in the ABA but a terrific center at Providence.

 My favorite Marvin Barnes story goes something like this. Flying back with the team from Louisville to St. Louis. Flight was to leave at 8 am and arrive at 7:50 am central time.Barnes was quoted as saying "I ain't getting on no time machine". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, willie said:

 My favorite Marvin Barnes story goes something like this. Flying back with the team from Louisville to St. Louis. Flight was to leave at 8 am and arrive at 7:50 am central time.Barnes was quoted as saying "I ain't getting on no time machine". 

-didn't he then hire a limo to drive him to StL?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-didn't he then hire a limo to drive him to StL?

Offered Costas driver position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-didn't he then hire a limo to drive him to StL?

I believe that is correct. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who's rooting for who? Out of 4 #1 seeds this one is one I like the most but still going for Tech. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, willie said:

I believe that is correct. 

After a comeback win by the Spirits ending a losing streak Costas is interviewing Barnes, who scored 48 points.  Costas asked him what the team can do to replicate this feat.  Barnes begins by saying "We have to work together, play as a team."  Costas thinks to himself did the light finally go off in his head?  Is he finally understanding the need to play a team game?  Barnes ends the quote with "I had 48 points with 2 minutes left but can anybody pass me the rock to get to 50?  No, we gotta play as a team man."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m rooting for a buzzer beater and a good “one shining moment.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...