NCAA Final Four Weekend Thread

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Schasz said:

Congrats to UVA team HC Dick Bennett and Brad Soderberg former Bills HC now Asst at UVA. 

At his press conference as the new coach here Uncle Sodaberger said he was shooting for the national championship here and asked, “Why not here?”

Glad the program progressed since then...when the head of the university can’t even pronounce the name of the new coach at the press conference, that’s not a good sign...

6 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

It was a great review and call reversal!

completely agree,   if they are going to use the replay gotta make the call when warranted.  

billikenbill likes this

let's see a show of hands:   how many people as they were watching that overtime and the 13 for 13 free throws thought to themselves, "i sure wish our billikens could shoot free throws like that!"

congratulations to brad soderberg.  

12 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

let's see a show of hands:   how many people as they were watching that overtime and the 13 for 13 free throws thought to themselves, "i sure wish our billikens could shoot free throws like that!"

congratulations to Brad Soderberg.  

You realize @JohnnyJumpUp doesn’t actually believe that right? He hit a futures bet. And now we know why you think it was a good review. It was a joke. 100% of the time that call goes TTU’s way. Not a single referee would make that call in real time. That’s a complete mockery of instant replay. It should be used to fix missed calls not find reasons to overturn them. It was an objectively poor application of replay. 

Zink likes this

I thought it went off Tech in real time so the replay got it right. I’ve seen that same situation go against the defender hundreds of times and the refs usually miss it. Props to the refs for overturning it.

26 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

You realize @JohnnyJumpUp doesn’t actually believe that right? He hit a futures bet. And now we know why you think it was a good review. It was a joke. 100% of the time that call goes TTU’s way. Not a single referee would make that call in real time. That’s a complete mockery of instant replay. It should be used to fix missed calls not find reasons to overturn them. It was an objectively poor application of replay. 

[name removed] did it touch his body?   yes.   well at least i thought a finger was part of one's body.   get a f'ing clue..

22 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

I thought it went off Tech in real time so the replay got it right. I’ve seen that same situation go against the defender hundreds of times and the refs usually miss it. Props to the refs for overturning it.

Lol no way you thought that! It should go against the defender every time, should we go to the replay on every out of bounds now? Because after that replay it should probably go to the defense every time.

15 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

You would be crying if it happened to SLU and you know it. Don't be a condescending a$$. It's a rough look.

the replay is what it is.   sorry your tt team lost.  deal with it. 

43 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

congratulations to brad soderberg.  

My wife and I said the same thing. All this talent on the floor and the only thing I was jealous of was how well they shot free throws.

billiken_roy likes this

48 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Lol no way you thought that! It should go against the defender every time, should we go to the replay on every out of bounds now? Because after that replay it should probably go to the defense every time.

False.

I’ve seen balls tipped by the defender slide off the fingertips of the offensive player many times but it’s subtle and often missed. The same thing used to frustrate me in high school when I knew it went off the other player but the refs didn’t catch it. Seeing this for 50 years, I just figured it was a play refs couldn’t get right and that was that.

16 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

False.

I’ve seen balls tipped by the defender slide off the fingertips of the offensive player many times but it’s subtle and often missed. The same thing used to frustrate me in high school when I knew it went off the other player but the refs didn’t catch it. Seeing this for 50 years, I just figured it was a play refs couldn’t get right and that was that.

I'm sure.