NCAA Final Four Weekend Thread

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, moytoy12 said:

Agreed. Hate to see it end that way but it was the right call.

Yeah it wasn’t a ticky tack call, it impacted the shot.

Plus, Auburn got away with the defender crossing over the line on the inbound play right before the shot.

Was pulling for Va. but really feel for those Auburn guys. I didn’t know the double dribble rule and maybe it was a foul. The problem I have with it is officials almost always choke on their whistles in the last 10 seconds and don’t call anything regardless of the amount of contact. 

This time an official actually made the call. I guess I’m more shocked that he called it than anything.

moytoy12 likes this

Guy got his right leg undercut while in the air. The ref called it a foul, it normally is an automatic call for player protection. Don’t run under, or slide under a players legs while he is in the air.

He had the guts to make a right call, even though it put him in a tough spot, influencing the game outcome directly. 

I just watched the replay 5 times. The ref had his hand half way up before contact was made . He anticipated the foul. Was it a foul. Sure. Should it have been called . No. Not in my opinion. Don’t tell me there is not time and place in the game of basketball. Would you call a reach in at the top of the key with 5 seconds to go. Of course not. I am sure many will disagree but it should not have been called. 

2 hours ago, slu72 said:

Gray looked like he was shooting FTs in his driveway. Just swish swish swish no sweat no big deal. We'd kill for a guy who could do that....Jimerson? 

That was something else. 

He walked to the line with a smile on his face. When I saw that I told my wife...he’s hitting all 3.

I forget who it was but earlier in the tournament a guy went to the line with a chance to tie and you could see the fear in his eyes. I told my wife that time...he has no chance.

some guys live for the moment some guys can’t stand it. 

Some people say “clutch” isn’t a thing, those free throws tonight say otherwise.