Isabell and Bess make the A10 3 v 3 team

wgstl

19 hours ago, wgstl said:

Good for them. They’ll join Cunningham and Powell 

No idea what these 3 v 3 teams typically look like, but that seems like a really good group.  I know it is just for seniors and players who are likely to be drafted into the NBA typically don't play, correct?  Anyone have a breakdown of the other 3 v 3 teams and what the A10 group's chances are?

6 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

I remember hearing about this in the past, but have never actually watched it. If anyone has time to Google it, I would also be interested in what you find. Isabell would be fun to watch in a 3 v 3 tournament.

Roby was on it last year 

TheChosenOne likes this

24 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

No idea what these 3 v 3 teams typically look like, but that seems like a really good group.  I know it is just for seniors and players who are likely to be drafted into the NBA typically don't play, correct?  Anyone have a breakdown of the other 3 v 3 teams and what the A10 group's chances are?

I recall that Purdue’s Vincent Edwards was on the winning Big10 team last year and he still got drafted. So I don’t think the possibility of these guys getting drafted is out of anyone’s minds. Hopefully a last push for Bess and Isabell in the eyes of scouts

Roby played on the A10 team last year with Mobley, Williams of VCU, and Castro-Caneddy of Duquesne.  There is an initial pool play, with the winners of each pool advancing.  Cash is on the table for each game. Here are the rules from last year.

• The games will be played within a half court
  • Each team has four players total
  • 12-second shot clock
  • Baskets inside the arc are worth 1 point; outside the arc are worth 2 points
  • The first team to 21 points or the team with the higher score after 10 minutes wins

And here is how the prize money will be distributed:

• Each pool play, quarterfinal and semifinal win will earn teams $1,000
  • Winning the championship will earn a team $50,000

I am assuming Bess' achilles tendon has improved enough for him to play in this tourney.

TheChosenOne likes this

A10 will play American conference at 4 and then against  the Northeast conference at 6:50  on April 5th,  and then 10:10 am against the Big West on the 6th. I believe the games mentioned can be viewed on twitter, and if we do well enough to play Sunday, its on ESPN.