Next year thoughts

2 hours ago, Clock_Tower said:

Yes. But if the general public and college fans who pay to watch games, in person and on tv, and the NCAA Committee, give more weight to D1 wins and have rules of thumb as to a certain number of wins needed to make the big Dance, then reality means nothing - and can actually work against you. And imagine what a loss to a D2 team would do to a program. 

Whether you lose to the 304th ranked D-1 team or to a D-2 team, you're in exactly the same position: having to win your conference tournament to get into the dance. And winning against the 304th team actually drags down your NET ranking. I'll take my chances with one less D-1 win rather than losing four spots in the NET rankings.

RUBillsFan likes this

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Whether you lose to the 304th ranked D-1 team or to a D-2 team, you're in exactly the same position: having to win your conference tournament to get into the dance. And winning against the 304th team actually drags down your NET ranking. I'll take my chances with one less D-1 win rather than losing four spots in the NET rankings.

When a schedule is made over the summer we know for a fact SEMO will be #304 and will remain there for the rest of the coming season?

12 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Thank you for the link.

I am still hoping for a GT big surprise signing, we are a perfect fit for a big.

4 hours ago, Box and Won said:

I've been a huge fan of TF's recruiting since he arrived, but a little disappointed we couldn't have done a little better in the spring with the bigs if we're now done. Getting a decent grad transfer big is not easy, but was hopeful for a serviceable one. Front court depth could be a real issue. If no last minute grad transfer, I hope TF is in the market for a quality sit-one big who can suit up in 2020-21. 

it is my opinion that texas tech woke the rest of the P5 teams to what a graduate transfer can be.   thus a little more competition for the pool this year, plus with slu losing so much and being majority new players the graduate transfers likely didnt see a path to glory with the billikens for 2020.    

SLU_Lax likes this

24 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

it is my opinion that texas tech woke the rest of the P5 teams to what a graduate transfer can be.   thus a little more competition for the pool this year, plus with slu losing so much and being majority new players the graduate transfers likely didnt see a path to glory with the billikens for 2020.    

Totally agree with you on the Texas Tech factor.