Next year thoughts

1 hour ago, slufanskip said:

Will ClockGloryRavs be watching as much Billiken Basketball next year? 

Thanks for the assurances. That had been weighing heavy on my mind. I've been having trouble sleeping, concentrating, I've been drinking too much, all since the season ended. I mean I just couldn't get it off my mind. The question was burning a hole in my soul. Now that you've cleared it up for me I can get back to my normal routine with a clear mind and feeling like all is still right with the world. 

Also, I'm sure others feel the same, even though they may not admit it. So once again … THANK YOU

-thank you skip!

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, slufanskip said:

I'm not on board with the everyone needs to hit the weight room so hard they look like body builders idea. I don't want them to be weak, but I believe too much bulk can slow certain types of players down and can affect their shot. 

I've been saying this same thing for quite a while. It's certainly nice to have a few physical bullies like French and Thatch, but we don't need a whole team of them. We put out some lineups last year that looked like a football team, but we still had games where we couldn't hit a damn free throw.

I also think some people get too hung up on the height of guards - most recently the worrying about Collins. I've seen a few 5-11 guards commit to ACC schools recently. Also, Kwamain Mitchell was about Yuri's size. You know who seemed to be obsessed with the size of guards?... Jim Crews.  A good, quick smaller guard will be just fine. RM understood that.

Ideally, I want a roster with a variety of sizes and skills. I like the way the roster is evolving. Bringing in better shooters and a true point guard, will help provide balance to our team of body builders.

9 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Anyone notice the A 10 Talk tweet that has since been deleted? Something along the lines of "Which 'D' would look better on your chest?" and then showed  Duquesne and Dayton jerseys 😀🤗

tee hee i did

7 hours ago, slufanskip said:

Will ClockGloryRavs be watching as much Billiken Basketball next year? 

Thanks for the assurances. That had been weighing heavy on my mind. I've been having trouble sleeping, concentrating, I've been drinking too much, all since the season ended. I mean I just couldn't get it off my mind. The question was burning a hole in my soul. Now that you've cleared it up for me I can get back to my normal routine with a clear mind and feeling like all is still right with the world. 

Also, I'm sure others feel the same, even though they may not admit it. So once again … THANK YOU

You should keep it on the down-lo all year just to be safe. 

With Memphis getting the last 5* recruit today they pretty much have the strongest recruiting class in history. 7 top 100 players and one of the best grad transfers that was on the market. 

It is completely acceptable to be interested in how that plays out next year. I do believe they can perform far better than Duke’s team with Zion last year. 

Props to Penny for his rebuilding. Hopefully we can get a home and away with them set up with them being fairly local 

1 minute ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

With Memphis getting the last 5* recruit today they pretty much have the strongest recruiting class in history. 7 top 100 players and one of the best grad transfers that was on the market. 

It is completely acceptable to be interested in how that plays out next year. I do believe they can perform far better than Duke’s team with Zion last year. 

Props to Penny for his rebuilding. Hopefully we can get a home and away with them set up with them being fairly local 

Cool.

Edited by billikenfan05

51 minutes ago, Basketbill said:

Who is the guy on the far right?

Joshua Hightower. Brandon Courtney is the other walk-on pictured, second from right.

What's crazy is that this is all of our returning scholarship players and two walk-ons. Really looking forward to having less turnover moving forward.

6 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Joshua Hightower. Brandon Courtney is the other walk-on pictured, second from right.

What's crazy is that this is all of our returning scholarship players and two walk-ons. Really looking forward to having less turnover moving forward.

I wonder if Rabion is returning. He had a pretty nice 2 minutes of glory. 

On 5/17/2019 at 11:54 AM, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

The most interesting thing about Memphis will be monitoring how quickly their wins get vacated for cheating.

For the record The Fab 5 recruiting class had 4 guys in the top 10. And one more in the top 100.

brianstl likes this

1 hour ago, dlarry said:

The most interesting thing about Memphis will be monitoring how quickly their wins get vacated for cheating.

For the record The Fab 5 recruiting class had 4 guys in the top 10. And one more in the top 100.

You speak of the Chris Weber class @ Michigan?