NCAA Tournament - Regionals GDT

4 hours ago, almaman said:

Anyone who landed Liddell and Lisch in same year to this program (no offense now or ever to alum) in the same year is not imo a bad recruiter. Programs have become addicted to results and want them quickly.

I'm a Soderberg fan but his rosters never had more than 7 A10 quality players at a time. Romar's rosters we're only slightly better. In an era of improved facilities, West Pine really depressed our recruiting.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, White Pelican said:

NO. The women's game allows a team (in the final minute of a game) which has just given up a made basket (and I think a free throw too, not sure) to call a timeout and then throw in the ball at the quarter-court mark in their offensive end of the court. In other words, about 3/4 of the way down the floor instead of under the basket they defend. (I hate this gimmick but that's not the point here.) But the women's time-out rule has nothing to do with it.

Below is a link from Officiating.com that explains what the fuss was all about in the MSU/Duke game. A front court time out called during a live ball has specific spots to inbound the ball. But this was not a live ball time out. The throw-in should be from where it went out. The refs had a brain fart but Izzo got it corrected. Post #3 is the explanation. (I've perused this site before and most, if not all of them are officials in one capacity or another.)

https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/104512-michigan-state-duke.html

You're welcome.

I said "I think".  CHILL

1 hour ago, White Pelican said:

NO. The women's game allows a team (in the final minute of a game) which has just given up a made basket (and I think a free throw too, not sure) to call a timeout and then throw in the ball at the quarter-court mark in their offensive end of the court. In other words, about 3/4 of the way down the floor instead of under the basket they defend. (I hate this gimmick but that's not the point here.) But the women's time-out rule has nothing to do with it.

Below is a link from Officiating.com that explains what the fuss was all about in the MSU/Duke game. A front court time out called during a live ball has specific spots to inbound the ball. But this was not a live ball time out. The throw-in should be from where it went out. The refs had a brain fart but Izzo got it corrected. Post #3 is the explanation. (I've perused this site before and most, if not all of them are officials in one capacity or another.)

https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/104512-michigan-state-duke.html

You're welcome.

-thank you, great site you linked

7 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

I said "I think".  CHILL

Cheeseman why don't you try to admit you are wrong, at least in a couple of cases when YOU HAPPEN TO BE WRONG. Why this bullsh-t about "I said I think." CHILL. You are wrong pup, White Pelican corrected you, admit it. Your thinking is peculiar at best and always loaded with vague or conditional statements that allow you to claim you are right. Why can't you admit you are wrong? I assure you it will not ruin your life or destroy your ego to admit you are wrong from time to time.

2 hours ago, cheeseman said:

I said "I think".  CHILL

Hey man, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to come off as snarky or however it sounded. I should have just quoted and answered Cowboy because his question reminded me to try and find out what that was all about. I was watching the game like everyone else and wasn't sure myself what they were arguing about. Izzo looked like he was gonna blow a gasket and they just seemed to gloss it all over. Anyway, I forgot about it until Cowboy and you mentioned it so I did little searching.

Anyway, I apologize and I'm "chilled" and I hope you are too. Peace brother.

cheeseman likes this

11 hours ago, Old guy said:

Cheeseman why don't you try to admit you are wrong, at least in a couple of cases when YOU HAPPEN TO BE WRONG. Why this bullsh-t about "I said I think." CHILL. You are wrong pup, White Pelican corrected you, admit it. Your thinking is peculiar at best and always loaded with vague or conditional statements that allow you to claim you are right. Why can't you admit you are wrong? I assure you it will not ruin your life or destroy your ego to admit you are wrong from time to time.

I believe I did admit that I was wrong.  You know unless a person is directly responding to you I am not sure why you are so affronted.  By the way when a person says "I think" they are saying  they are not sure therefore they know they can easily be wrong.  I have more to do in my life then get into a food fight with the likes  of you over something that had nothing to do with you.