NCAA Tournament - Regionals GDT

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

That was a really good set of Elite Eight games.

Totally.

The type of play we saw today is the Billikens in 2021. 🤓

5 hours ago, brianstl said:

Sprint Center has no primary tenant. That gives them a lot days to work with every year.

I have a relative by marriage who is in the arena business and he said the Sprint Center is doing quite well financially.  They really don't need a sports team to make it work.  He said that if they should get a hockey team, they could lose revenue with the Center no longer able to freely book blocks of time for conventions.

-when did NCAA men's bball institute a rule that where an inbound takes place is impacted by a team taking a time out? what happened at the end of the MSU/Duke game was a first for me and the guys on CBS gave no explanation 

10 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Villanova is the best program of the last decade. Two national championships and three Final Fours.  

or UNC who has 2 and 3.   Without knowing, I feel like nova has done more with less.  Even though less isnt much less. 

brianstl likes this

4 minutes ago, wgstl said:

or UNC who has 2 and 3.   Without knowing, I feel like nova has done more with less.  Even though less isnt much less. 

UNC is probably the better answer.  With five Elite Eights and not missing a tournament.  

2 hours ago, Cowboy said:

-when did NCAA men's bball institute a rule that where an inbound takes place is impacted by a team taking a time out? what happened at the end of the MSU/Duke game was a first for me and the guys on CBS gave no explanation 

Seemed like they weren't familiar with the rule either.

1 hour ago, almaman said:

Anyone who landed Liddell and Lisch in same year to this program (no offense now or ever to alum) in the same year is not imo a bad recruiter. Programs have become addicted to results and want them quickly.

Actually, Liddell was a year earlier than Lisch.  He originally committed to SLU along with Polk and Meyer, but he had to do a prep year and recommitted and came in with Lisch.

Brad wasn't able to stack quality classes on after those two.  It also hurt that he wasn't able to maximize Polk's potential (or Dwayne was a big disappointment).

7 hours ago, Cowboy said:

It is this way in the women's game I think.

2 hours ago, almaman said:

Anyone who landed Liddell and Lisch in same year to this program (no offense now or ever to alum) in the same year is not imo a bad recruiter. Programs have become addicted to results and want them quickly.

Even a blind hog finds an acorn.

43 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

It is this way in the women's game I think.

NO. The women's game allows a team (in the final minute of a game) which has just given up a made basket (and I think a free throw too, not sure) to call a timeout and then throw in the ball at the quarter-court mark in their offensive end of the court. In other words, about 3/4 of the way down the floor instead of under the basket they defend. (I hate this gimmick but that's not the point here.) But the women's time-out rule has nothing to do with it.

Below is a link from Officiating.com that explains what the fuss was all about in the MSU/Duke game. A front court time out called during a live ball has specific spots to inbound the ball. But this was not a live ball time out. The throw-in should be from where it went out. The refs had a brain fart but Izzo got it corrected. Post #3 is the explanation. (I've perused this site before and most, if not all of them are officials in one capacity or another.)

https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/104512-michigan-state-duke.html

You're welcome.