Jump to content
Billikens.com Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
stlwaino50

Are there teams that are after Ford?

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

Vince Vaughn was such an odd casting choice but it worked somehow.

I thought he was perfect, but I've loved him since Swingers. Always makes me laugh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone been to Fork & Stix in the Loop? I went there the other weekend for lunch and ordered the Khao Soi, holy smokes it was good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Speaking of fried chicken, anyone know if Porters in Maplewood is still around? Used to go there a couple times a month, haven't been in over 10 years though. 

Think so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Olive + Oak question for those who have been and used the restroom, are you supposed to lock the door if taking a pee or keep it unlocked to allow a gentleman to utilize the toilet whilst utilizing the urinal? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

And order some fried cheese curds while you are at it, you won't be disappointed with the burger and cheese curds from Olive +Oak (I feel like everything I order is good, so it is kind of weird telling someone to order a burger and cheese curds, but it really is good).

I saw the Rockwell recommendation above, I need to give that a try. I tried going before a Billiken late in the season for a bite to eat, but didn't bother checking their hours (since I am an idiot) and it was closed.

Rockwell good.  

Olive + Oak good too ("STL proper" cracked me up though). 

Mac's better

I've noticed Rockwell has become a pretty good post-game hangout for Bills fans. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I miss Sushi AI and their lunchtime special. Used to go when I didn't have class senior year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Anyone been to Fork & Stix in the Loop? I went there the other weekend for lunch and ordered the Khao Soi, holy smokes it was good.

I've been to their sister restaurant downtown - Kiin.  Good stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Speaking of fried chicken, anyone know if Porters in Maplewood is still around? Used to go there a couple times a month, haven't been in over 10 years though. 

Still there.  Love that place.  

Never been to King Edward's Fried Chicken on Watson, but I hear that's pretty good too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

I miss Sushi AI and their lunchtime special. Used to go when I didn't have class senior year. 

Had Sushi AI last night!

It would be deadly for me if they were closer to campus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Box and Won said:

Still there.  Love that place.  

Never been to King Edward's Fried Chicken on Watson, but I hear that's pretty good too.

I go once a week for their Jumbo shrimp.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Box and Won said:

If you're ever in The Grove, try the burgers at Rockwell Brewing.

I really should expand my Grove eatery exploration, but every time I cave and just go order the Danimal from Gramaphone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, GBL_Bills said:

I really should expand my Grove eatery exploration, but every time I cave and just go order the Danimal from Gramaphone

I've never been there, but I just checked out their menu and it looks amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Box and Won said:

I've never been there, but I just checked out their menu and it looks amazing.

Blue City Deli level of delicious sandwiches, but better because they're open till 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wgstl said:

Guerrilla street is mine, but Balkan is right there. 

Guerilla Street opening a brick and mortar store in Webster (Old Orchard) within the next few months!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wgstl said:

I live and work right next to it, but havent tried food from there yet.  Good to know, I heard they have a good happy hour and the burger is included on that.

I don't order burgers often but the O+O burger is unreal. Gotta stop in and get it considering you live and work close by.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheChosenOne said:

I went the other weekend before the Davidson game, it was really good but I did not venture out beyond the beef pide. Definitely need to get back soon to try some other stuff based on feedback above.

What's your favorite food truck turned brick and mortar store, boy?

I've spent weeks researching their menu and still don't know what I'd try first. I suspect it would be the beef pide though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Speaking of fried chicken, anyone know if Porters in Maplewood is still around? Used to go there a couple times a month, haven't been in over 10 years though. 

You bet your sweet a** it is! Unless it closed down within the past 3 months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheChosenOne said:

Olive + Oak question for those who have been and used the restroom, are you supposed to lock the door if taking a pee or keep it unlocked to allow a gentleman to utilize the toilet whilst utilizing the urinal? 

I'm an always lock guy.

My tinkles generally last no longer than 30 seconds so they can wait for me to finish up. I also don't want some poor bloke leaving the bathroom feeling like less of a man than when he walked in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Rockwell good.  

Olive + Oak good too ("STL proper" cracked me up though). 

Mac's better

I've noticed Rockwell has become a pretty good post-game hangout for Bills fans. 

Good post. I went to Retreat Gastropub before one of our weekend afternoon games and they had a burger on their brunch menu that was quite good. I wouldn't put it on your list, but it was a solid option before the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

Even though you guys go off subject in these threads you still keep bumping 

I think the solution is simple - the mods need to change the title to more accurately reflect the topic of the thread.... "Food Reviews"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

I'm an always lock guy.

My tinkles generally last no longer than 30 seconds so they can wait for me to finish up. I also don't want some poor bloke leaving the bathroom feeling like less of a man than when he walked in.

I always lock which reminds me of a great story which is of little interest to anyone on here, but I feel the need to share it. We were eating at Shaved Duck with a group when my friend went to the restroom which was a single coed restroom and I think right in the main dining space if I remember correctly (I haven't been in a couple of years). My friend who is more of a chain restaurant guy apparently could not fathom that a bathroom could be single use and thus the need for a lock. The door was locked as someone was using it, but again he did not pick up on that being a possibility. So he yanks on the door and it doesn't open due to it being locked. He keeps pulling on the door and thinking it is just jammed throws his entire body into it essentially breaking the door open. Well the door opens and there is a heavyset woman sitting on the toilet in pure horror and shock. Terrific stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, BillIkenFan_Dan said:

Chick fil a 

both

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...