Are there teams that are after Ford?

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Compton said:

For the steak folks on here, what's the consensus on Al's? Have been meaning to go forever, am wondering what your all thoughts are. 

It’s a trip. There are better steakhouses out there, but Al’s is a very unique experience. I love their bar, which is a replica of a riverboat.

17 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Been there done that.  I had their Bucharest Meatballs as a main entree.  Delicious.  Their stuffed green pepper is pretty tasty also.  Ever get to a game at Assembly Hall?

17 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

last weekend i was in Bloomington, Indiana and i ate at Janko's Little Zagreb.    http://www.littlezagreb.com/  v

Wow:   Little Zagreb alert!  B-town dining at its finest, and it has been for going on -- what? 40 years?? Amazing...  their filet mignon is -- what's the word??  and the rib-eye!  Sadly, Janko ("Little John") died a number of years ago in a house fire -- believe it or not he was cooking , if I remember correctly...

If you ever feel hungry up in Indy, try out St. Elmo's, by the way..   Best done on expense accounts.

55 minutes ago, DoctorB said:

Wow:   Little Zagreb alert!  B-town dining at its finest, and it has been for going on -- what? 40 years?? Amazing...  their filet mignon is -- what's the word??  and the rib-eye!  Sadly, Janko ("Little John") died a number of years ago in a house fire -- believe it or not he was cooking , if I remember correctly...

If you ever feel hungry up in Indy, try out St. Elmo's, by the way..   Best done on expense accounts.

St. Elmo is the best steakhouse I have ever been too.  Yes it is very expensive.  The shrimp cocktail is unparalleled. 

Fun story:  When Peyton Manning was the Colts QB, he had a 'man cave' in the basement of St. Elmo, and he went there after every home game.  After the Colts won the Super Bowl, he brought the trophy to St. Elmo, and at the request of the owner, paraded it through the main levels of the restaurant.

On 3/26/2019 at 5:17 PM, Cowboy said:

-I have not been but Gallagher's in Waterloo has won a couple of polls for best fried chicken and I intend to give it a try

Best fried chicken I've ever had.

JohnnyJumpUp likes this

Hey people please remember one small fact. There is such a thing as the best steak in the world and the best steak house in the world or in XYZ city. However you are going to pay for the privilege of being there. But what does "the best" label mean? Generally there are awful places and good places, some places are indeed very good. In my opinion, the secret to finding out what you want is not to compare a given place to all others because when you approach the top fo the pyramid the differences between one place and another are not marked, it is all beef after all. You may prefer dry cured or waygu beef but really beef is beef.

This is similar to buying HiFi equipment, buy a Mark Levinson amplifier and pay $30,000, same for First Watt, can you really hear the difference?, or are you just looking at the price tag? I think the issue is to go where you find yourself comfortable and well cared for that has excellent steaks that suit your budget. Not one of us is in the Warren Buffet or George Soros level, find what is satisfactory to your taste and your budget.

Hoosier Pal, where (what city) is St. Elmo located? I have never gone to Al's and probably never will, just not interested. But we may try St. Elmo's during a trip, your description of Peyton Manning's man cave has made me curious.

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

Where does this board stand on Tucker's Place?

haven't been for years was always a good deal. For cheap quick steaks I still like Best Steak House, quick close to The C and cheap urban eats. Speaking of cheap and close to our home court I finally made my first trip to Diner's Delight right down Compton. Really enjoyed.

TheA_Bomb likes this

5 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Hoosier Pal, where (what city) is St. Elmo located? I have never gone to Al's and probably never will, just not interested. But we may try St. Elmo's during a trip, your description of Peyton Manning's man cave has made me curious.

Downtown Indy. 

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

Where does this board stand on Tucker's Place?

I like Tucker’s for what it is, a cheaper steak house. They also have nice lunch happy hour specials.

If you are looking for an affordable steak houses Carnivore on the hill is one of my new favorites.

1 minute ago, dlarry said:

I like Tucker’s for what it is, a cheaper steak house. They also have nice lunch happy hour specials.

If you are looking for an affordable steak houses Carnivore on the hill is one of my new favorites.

where on the Hill?

I probably only go once a year if even that, but anyone know what is up with the local Steak n' Shakes? Sometimes when I am hungover I swing thru for a frisco melt and shake, but last time I tried going (I think it was probably a little over a month ago and the one in the Valley) it was closed and apparently a number of them in the area are closed (some with signs saying closed for remodeling). I remember when the local Wendy's closed for a few years, that was a real shame for me back then and I wonder if this is a similar situation.

2 hours ago, dlarry said:

I live down the way from Tucker’s and people will be standing outside waiting for it to open.

1 hour ago, TheChosenOne said:

I probably only go once a year if even that, but anyone know what is up with the local Steak n' Shakes? Sometimes when I am hungover I swing thru for a frisco melt and shake, but last time I tried going (I think it was probably a little over a month ago and the one in the Valley) it was closed and apparently a number of them in the area are closed (some with signs saying closed for remodeling). I remember when the local Wendy's closed for a few years, that was a real shame for me back then and I wonder if this is a similar situation.

Better question: Culver’s Steak n Shake or Freddy’s? 

43 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I live down the way from Tucker’s and people will be standing outside waiting for it to open.

41 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Better question: Culver’s Steak n Shake or Freddy’s? 

https://www.stltoday.com/business/local/steak-n-shake-closes-two-more-st-louis-area-restaurants/article_18a4609d-f3c1-5b53-a133-1a8684398c38.html