Are there teams that are after Ford?

Just now, TheChosenOne said:

Since we talking food, I will throw out a question that I don't have a passionate take on, but am interested in responses. Favorite place for steak in St. Louis and that can include the chains? I enjoy Keis' (always have a good meal and it is next to the school I spent so much time developing my skills as an artist focused on penis drawings), but don't go to the steak specific places overly often. Had a really good meal at Capital Grille, but for the cost I am not sure it was worth it. Citizen Kane's is a cool setting.

underrated - charcoal house 

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Since we are talking food, I will throw out a question that I don't have a passionate take on, but am interested in responses. Favorite place for steak in St. Louis and that can include the chains? I enjoy Kreis' (always have a good meal and it is next to the school I spent so much time developing my skills as an artist focused on penis drawings), but don't go to the steak specific places overly often. Had a really good meal at Capital Grille, but for the cost I am not sure it was worth it. Citizen Kane's is a cool setting (haven't been in years though) and I am a regular at the Smokehouse Market and enjoy Annie Gunn's when I eat there.

I'm a simpleton. Give me Texas Roadhouse and I'm good.

5 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Since we are talking food, I will throw out a question that I don't have a passionate take on, but am interested in responses. Favorite place for steak in St. Louis and that can include the chains? I enjoy Kreis' (always have a good meal and it is next to the school I spent so much time developing my skills as an artist focused on penis drawings), but don't go to the steak specific places overly often. Had a really good meal at Capital Grille, but for the cost I am not sure it was worth it. Citizen Kane's is a cool setting (haven't been in years though) and I am a regular at the Smokehouse Market and enjoy Annie Gunn's when I eat there.

kreis's, ive only ever had prime rib.   which is about as good of prime rib as i have ever ate.   if someone asked me to name the best prime rib and demanded an immediate answer i'd give them kreis's

2 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

I ventured out to Belleville for Beast Craft and it was worth the trip, really good stuff.

i also like Beast Craft snoots.   but i think they only make on Tuesdays and typically they are sold out by noon.   so if you want beast craft snoots, gotta get there early.  

14 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

kreis's, ive only ever had prime rib.   which is about as good of prime rib as i have ever ate.   if someone asked me to name the best prime rib and demanded an immediate answer i'd give them kreis's

Take out a loan and go to 801 Chop House. 

20 minutes ago, willie said:

Take out a loan and go to 801 Chop House. 

The only way to go to any place called the chop house in the country is when the company expenses pay for it, otherwise as you said take out a loan.

I like Fleming's, they have a regular special of filet and lobster which is excellent. The lobster tail in this special comes with lemon butter, the filet can be had with any number of sauces including bearnaise. I am not a dessert person, I usually have a bourbon on the rocks for dessert. To start the meal they have Gruet sparkling by the glass. This is a wonderful rose brut from New Mexico, you should try this if you have not had it. The service is wonderful. If you go there more or less regularly they assign you a server which is a very nice touch. I like it a lot.

slufanskip likes this

17 minutes ago, Old guy said:

I like Fleming's, they have a regular special of filet and lobster which is excellent. The lobster tail in this special comes with lemon butter, the filet can be had with any number of sauces including bearnaise. I am not a dessert person, I usually have a bourbon on the rocks for dessert. To start the meal they have Gruet sparkling by the glass. This is a wonderful rose brut from New Mexico, you should try this if you have not had it. The service is wonderful. If you go there more or less regularly they assign you a server which is a very nice touch. I like it a lot.

Back at you Old Guy. I have been to Fleming's a couple of times and have been disappointed. 

23 minutes ago, Old guy said:

i like flemings steakwise.   i have been there on sundays (prime rib night) and i would take Kreis's over flemings for prime rib.

2 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

Embarrassing to admit but I've never been to Kreis'. I need to right that wrong.

You can never go wrong with Citizen Kane's.

A lot of people seem to really like Tucker's. I've eaten there once and it wasn't good.

Had a filet at Cinder House last week and it was very tasty. I recommend people give that place a try then going downstairs to play video poker with a Virginia Slim 100 sticking out of your mouth. Best night of your life, that's for darn sure...

I'm sort of with @billikenfan05 on Texas Roadhouse. The one time I ate at Texas Roadhouse it was really good.  I can't really tell the difference between a $12 steak and a $75 steak most* of the time.

*any

-I usually get the pork chop at Tucker's as it is huge and very good but when I have ventured to their steaks they were good, too

-the flavor Texas Roadhouse gets in their steaks is also very good

-I'm not a fan of talking steaks and chops on a Friday in Lent so I'll let you know that Cracker Barrel has very good grilled, spicy catfish with 3 sides for $11 or $12 and on the way out you can buy a massive Charleston Chew or other candy selection 

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

i like flemings steakwise.   i have been there on sundays (prime rib night) and i would take Kreis's over flemings for prime rib.

I generally not go for prime ribs when ordering beef, you may be entirely correct here.

last weekend i was in Bloomington, Indiana and i ate at Janko's Little Zagreb.    http://www.littlezagreb.com/  very good meal.   besides a very very good steak and potato, they had spicy meatballs which we ordered as an appetizer that were fantastic.    I go to Bloomington a couple of times a year to visit my daughter who lives there and this is my goto restaurant if i get to decide.   unfortunately my women folk outvote me once in awhile and then i end up at some  kind of skip's sweet tomato's kind of place.  😞  instead of Janko's!!!  the best steak in Bloomington. 

3 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

last weekend i was in Bloomington, Indiana and i ate at Janko's Little Zagreb.    http://www.littlezagreb.com/  very good meal.   besides a very very good steak and potato, they had spicy meatballs which we ordered as an appetizer that were fantastic.    I go to Bloomington a couple of times a year to visit my daughter who lives there and this is my goto restaurant if i get to decide.   unfortunately my women folk outvote me once in awhile and then i end up at some  kind of skip's sweet tomato's kind of place.  😞  instead of Janko's!!!  the best steak in Bloomington. 

Been there done that.  I had their Bucharest Meatballs as a main entree.  Delicious.  Their stuffed green pepper is pretty tasty also.  Ever get to a game at Assembly Hall?

5 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Been there done that.  I had their Bucharest Meatballs as a main entree.  Delicious.  Their stuffed green pepper is pretty tasty also.  Ever get to a game at Assembly Hall?

have not.   like i said, just there to visit my daughter who is a senior engineer at Cook Medical.    i am impressed with the restaurants and bars downtown.   kids got to love weekends.   and the town is very clean imo for a town that size.  

HoosierPal likes this

7 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

I threw a surprise brunch party for my wife's birthday at Boathouse last week (Sugarfire peeps) and the brunch food was outstanding. Bacon, sausage, waffles, quiche lorraine, eggs benny (2 different ones: chorizo and gauc & salmon), breakfast potatoes. I'm not usually a waffle guy but their waffles were particularly tasty.  I was pretty amazed at how good it all was. I know I said this earlier but all of their non-BBQ food is really good. I guess I can add breakfast to that list.

By the way, if anyone is looking for a place to throw a party, check out the Boathouse annex. The set up is awesome. They've got garage doors that open up out onto the lake, separate from the main dining area. THey've got a tv inside and on the patio by the lake in case there are games on. Decent space inside with bathrooms.

Was she surprised ?

12 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Are you saying Midwestern Barbeque is trash?  I think KC is good but I'll agree on STL.  I went to Pappy's and it's not my thing.   I usually don't get barbeque or Mexican food when I have to cross the Red River.

I do however like to indulge in the Italian when in STL.  What's the best spots?  Out of nostalgia I hit Vito's.  I'm also known to frequent Anthonino's as he's a friend of a friend. 

Bad take on StL BBQ. My only issue with Stl BBQ is how the f..k do you have BBQ and no Okra. Just plain stupid