Are there teams that are after Ford?

15 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Adam's Smokehouse is 3 blocks from my parents' house and is named after a family friend who worked at Pappy's and died at the age of 25 several years ago. I recommend it to everyone who'll listen, and you're absolutely right about the salami.

I'll be sure to get the turkey or a burger or burnt ends when I hit up the NKY Sugarfire. Thanks for the advice.

Adams just as good as the other 3 Pappy's related places and probably the easiest in and out carryout bbq anywhere. I know the landlord. If you driving back Belleville Beast Craft not to far off 64. :)

Zink likes this

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, almaman said:

Adams just as good as the other 3 Pappy's related places and probably the easiest in and out carryout bbq anywhere. I know the landlord. If you driving back Belleville Beast Craft not to far off 64. :)

It seems like the rest of the Pappy’s family has distanced themselves from Adams they don't include them on their social media posts when referring to all of the others. I’m not sure why...

27 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

microbrewery still in play

Modern Brewing, right?

It will be interesting to see what happens with the Rolling Ridge property - bar/restaurant/coffee shop is part of the plan there, but the NIMBY force in Webster is powerful.

29 minutes ago, almaman said:

Beast Craft is opening in The Grove soon.  I was on Manchester on Sunday, and it looks like they've already starting rehabbing their building.

Wife says hiring big time according to FB or some social media. Will feature something on the lines of UCB up the street with the separate experimental space. They've had it over a year it better be closed to done in rehabbing.. I was over at HQ a few weeks back and lady volunteered without my usual prompting that it would be open by the end of April. Just recently saw some mention of summer. Loop trolley like rollout, hopefully be done before the 44 metro link bridge debacle.

43 minutes ago, almaman said:

I get same thing when I go the brisket sandwich with onion rings? I think. My bbq luv has turned monogamous as I only go to the Beast Craft 32 miles away. Addicted. Life long bbq nut. Used to have to go to north city even to find any on regular  basis save for Phils the Hodacks of Lou Q. a few chains came and went over the years, Tennessee Jeds a few light years ago, Springfield outfit Trotters which had location where the sorely missed Sweet Tomatoes in Crestwood was. Trotters seemed like it was working but folded up. I never go to Bandandas if thats right spelling/name but found it adequate and glad that it at least survives so if one needs decent BBQ anytime anywhere. Then along came Super Smokers and we became a mecca for the stuff and we all know what's happened since then. I think the Beast Craft a cut above them all even state fave A Bryants. Can't wait for the ever promised Grove location opens.

I’m with you on Sweet Tomatoes. Remember going there after the soccer National Championship Ice Bowl. It was so cold we couldn’t get to Sweet Tomatoes quick enough to get soup. They had good soup. 

33 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Modern Brewing, right?

It will be interesting to see what happens with the Rolling Ridge property - bar/restaurant/coffee shop is part of the plan there, but the NIMBY force in Webster is powerful.

Yes, Modern. 

Haven't heard much on that since the NIMBY's freaked out over the new construction condo component of that project. While usually not on the side of NIMBYs, I understand their concern about runoff as a result of tearing down that nature reserve North/Northeast of Rolling Ridge to build the condos. Kirkham has flooded on that stretch of road in the past. Can't imagine what would happen with all of those trees and bushes torn down, especially given the somewhat steep grade. Not sure I agree with some of the NIMBYs that are worried about noise pollution late at night. I'm pretty sure Side Project is the "night life"  part of the plan,  and I'm pretty sure they are only open Thursday - Saturday and close at 10pm. I'd imagine they'd have similar hours here. Plus, if you've ever been to Side Project, it's not like there are a bunch of rowdy beer drinkers outside crushing lung darts and yelling expletives.  

The Webster NIMBYs that ruined  Sangita's luxury apartment project on the current YMCA lot were ridiculous. I guess they'd rather stare at a vacant lot and abandoned building than have someone.....wait for it.....RENT.... a luxury apartment near them!

36 minutes ago, almaman said:

Back a couple foods; the drive in @ Mary Magdalen hows that work? quicker?   may go mañana 

You enter off of Brentwood just north of the church. The line usually extends south beyond the intersection of Manchester. It's similar to Chik Fil A in that someone takes your order, you pay, and then keep moving until someone eventually hands you the food. Isn't a bad wait if you aren't stuck south of Manchester or East of Brentwood on Manchester. 

27 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Beast Craft is opening in The Grove soon.  I was on Manchester on Sunday, and it looks like they've already starting rehabbing their building.

I've heard nothing but great things about Beast Craft. Cannot wait to try it out when it opens in the Grove. Is there a projected opening date for that?

20 minutes ago, almaman said:

Wife says hiring big time according to FB or some social media. Will feature something on the lines of UCB up the street with the separate experimental space. They've had it over a year it better be closed to done in rehabbing.. I was over at HQ a few weeks back and lady volunteered without my usual prompting that it would be open by the end of April. Just recently saw some mention of summer. Loop trolley like rollout, hopefully be done before the 44 metro link bridge debacle.

what are we talking about here?

21 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

The Webster NIMBYs that ruined  Sangita's luxury apartment project on the current YMCA lot were ridiculous. I guess they'd rather stare at a vacant lot and abandoned building than have someone.....wait for it.....RENT.... a luxury apartment near them!

This was so ridiculous.  

18 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

This was so ridiculous.  

And they just tore down the funeral home on Lockwood to make room for...another freaking bank.

There was a terrific opportunity for development at the corner of Elm and Lockwood, but thanks to the NIMBYs we ended up with a nursing home and...another freaking bank.

Littlebill likes this

1 hour ago, slufanskip said:

I’m with you on Sweet Tomatoes. Remember going there after the soccer National Championship Ice Bowl. It was so cold we couldn’t get to Sweet Tomatoes quick enough to get soup. They had good soup. 

my wife and all her women folk friends like sweet tomatoes.  

5 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

And they just tore down the funeral home on Lockwood to make room for...another freaking bank.

There was a terrific opportunity for development at the corner of Elm and Lockwood, but thanks to the NIMBYs we ended up with a nursing home and...another freaking bank.

As soon as they started building the new bank, BOA announced they were closing that branch 

6 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

my wife and all her women folk friends like sweet tomatoes.  

Me too, ate lunch there for years at the one near Olive and Lindbergh.  Ate at The Crestwood location with my parents.

1 hour ago, slufanskip said:

it wasn't Tony's but for the price great deal and hard not to be kind of healthy outside too may calories from all u can eat effect. Not too many places you can get 5 or 6 soups even if paying per, and certainly not all you can eat. (can't speak for the Corral) Got to get over to Lady of Snows they also have a buffet of soups. If I drive over Beast Craft gravity sucks me right past without even a sign of the cross. That monstrosity x the street sounds and looks horrid. The reviews are hilarious real and customers. Seeing the big beer vats sitting out like in the desert sun beating down on them half the day doesn't cry out poor me another one.

18 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

I'm 25 and work in the county - nice apartments in that area would be awesome. Not a whole of that type of option in the county - so I'm in a complex at Russell and Gravois in Soulard.

17 hours ago, Box and Won said:

Bingo! My brother and I were just talking about how within a 2 block stretch in Old Webster, there is a PNC Bank, a US Bank, a Bank of America, and a First Bank. And now whatever bank is going on the old Gerber site. Pretty unnecessary.

17 hours ago, wgstl said:

As soon as they started building the new bank, BOA announced they were closing that branch 

Wow, didn't hear that! Visualizing the interior of that BofA and trying to imagine what type of adaptive reuse they could implement. Sadly, I'm sure it will end up being another bank. Could be a cool spot for a restaurant in the back portion with the high ceilings. Offices in front.

33 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

I'm 25 and work in the county - nice apartments in that area would be awesome. Not a whole of that type of option in the county - so I'm in a complex at Russell and Gravois in Soulard.

How is that place? friggin' huge. Was thinking of it when talk was about outdoor roof bar. They got something going on on the roof?

I'm excited for the Beastcraft in the grove but the Midwestern is open downtown and it is better.  Same BBQ that was serves at Big Baby Q's smokehouse in maryland heights the past couple years.  Their team currently has the title of best BBQ in st. louis.

Sugarfire expanded too much.  When they first opened just on Olive it was the best BBQ I ever had.  As they opened up more locations all of them suffered in quality.

I second the Adam's Smokehouse review.  Top notch, and easy carryout.

2 hours ago, thetorch said:

I'm excited for the Beastcraft in the grove but the Midwestern is open downtown and it is better.  Same BBQ that was serves at Big Baby Q's smokehouse in maryland heights the past couple years.  Their team currently has the title of best BBQ in st. louis.

Sugarfire expanded too much.  When they first opened just on Olive it was the best BBQ I ever had.  As they opened up more locations all of them suffered in quality.

I second the Adam's Smokehouse review.  Top notch, and easy carryout.

Where's this Midwestern of which you speak?