Are there teams that are after Ford?

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Best Fries I’ve had locally are at Olympia House. Large plate of perfectly cooked steak fries lightly salted and so hot you have to wait a minute to eat. Can’t beat them

agreed.  good fish sandwich there too

speaking of fried fish, with it being lent and all, what's the favorite hangout for the friday fish fry?    over on the eastside, we like to go to the Scottish Rite across from Memorial Hospital on Frank Scott Parkway.    

18 hours ago, thetorch said:

Union Loafers has excellent pizza.  I think their bread is highly overrated.  Sandwiches are not great either.  Only go there for the pizza.

Romine's was so good.  Family would go there after khoury league baseball games at Surrey Lane or Jennings.  I never felt like Malone's totally got it right.

Porter's is 38 years old.

My baby is just 2 months now so the wife and I starting to go out a little bit for the first time in months.  Went to lunch at stone turtle last week.  Was pretty impressed.

We missed out on Valentine's so looking for a off the beaten path romantic spot.  My go to place is Bar La Freres but we've been there several times now.  I want to try Billie Jeans but my wife doesn't like the menu.  Anyone ever been to Peppe's Apt 2 in Kirkwood?  Looks like it could be a possible replacement.

Finally I know it is in all the top ten lists, it takes months to get a table and its halfway to Boone county but Stone Soup Cottage is incredible.  Took my wife and parents there over the holidays, made reservations 5 months in advance.  The best experience I have had in and around St. Louis.

good report. Peppe's is supposed to be quite nice. They must be doing something right, they never advertise and you sure don't hear much about. Whenever I drive by looks crowded. Got to try all the other you mentioned.

3 hours ago, White Pelican said:

This is an abomination. Even bad pizza doesn't deserve this. Shame, SHAME on whomever did this.

K Paul style blackened pizza!? Botanical Heights 6 places in top 100 couple hundred feet apart!

21 minutes ago, Spoon-Balls said:

Scottish Arms has a mean Sunday brunch, and they even have a full bloody mary bar. I personally know the chef there, phenomenal guy. 

Their fries are also top notch. My top three favorite places for fries: 

1) Taste

2) Scottish Arms

3) Retreat Gastropub

Buffet or menu for the great brunch? Anyone check out new Dubliner in Maplewood?

3 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

Are there mods who will change the title of this thread? I don’t understand the logic of keeping a thread that negatively affects our program up. 

Would rather the mods get rid of the poster that started it. Much more effective.

20 minutes ago, Spoon-Balls said:

Scottish Arms has a mean Sunday brunch, and they even have a full bloody mary bar. I personally know the chef there, phenomenal guy. 

Their fries are also top notch. My top three favorite places for fries: 

1) Taste

2) Scottish Arms

3) Retreat Gastropub

Retreats fries were trash like 3 weeks ago. Didn’t eat them. Disappointing because i love retreat. 

33 minutes ago, almaman said:

Buffet or menu for the great brunch? Anyone check out new Dubliner in Maplewood?

Went for st patty’s day and it was dead. Dead as in 4 people.

On 3/26/2019 at 12:16 PM, Littlebill said:

Haven't tried it. That Olive + Oak burger is as good as I've had in STL proper.
Stoplight Drive In in Festus is choice as well

Love Stoplight.  I’ll have to try the Olive and Oak burger.  

Ate at Honey Pit BBQ the other day (Big Bend and Lindbergh). I think it’s subpar.  I would eat there again if someone I was with wanted to go but so wouldn’t seek it out.

I like to grab s pizza from Blues Fired Pizza in Kirkwood.  It’s pretty good and just the right size for lunch.  

Im thinking I’m going to have to have a Salt n Smoke brisket sandwich tomorrow when I’m in the loop.

Scott

6 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

speaking of fried fish, with it being lent and all, what's the favorite hangout for the friday fish fry?    over on the eastside, we like to go to the Scottish Rite across from Memorial Hospital on Frank Scott Parkway.    

The walleye at Yellowstone Cafe is tough to beat.

7 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

There are so many

Mary Magdelene in Brentwood and St. Ferdinand in Florissant are the best.  For convenience sake I go to Epiphany of our Lord on Ivanhoe or Joan Of Arc on Hampton for my Fry.

10 hours ago, thetorch said:

There are so many

Mary Magdelene in Brentwood and St. Ferdinand in Florissant are the best.  For convenience sake I go to Epiphany of our Lord on Ivanhoe or Joan Of Arc on Hampton for my Fry.

St. Mary Magdalen is a great option because of the drive through. I'm still not sure how there hasn't been a major accident at Brentwood and Manchester because of the line.

Not a fish fry but I used to go to Miss Sheri's Cafe in Warson Woods for a fish sammy during lent but sadly they closed down.

16 hours ago, almaman said:

good report. Peppe's is supposed to be quite nice. They must be doing something right, they never advertise and you sure don't hear much about. Whenever I drive by looks crowded. Got to try all the other you mentioned.

Peppe's...upscale restaurant with great food and service...Can be a special occasion place....A+