Are there teams that are after Ford?

Union Loafers has excellent pizza.  I think their bread is highly overrated.  Sandwiches are not great either.  Only go there for the pizza.

Romine's was so good.  Family would go there after khoury league baseball games at Surrey Lane or Jennings.  I never felt like Malone's totally got it right.

Porter's is 38 years old.

My baby is just 2 months now so the wife and I starting to go out a little bit for the first time in months.  Went to lunch at stone turtle last week.  Was pretty impressed.

We missed out on Valentine's so looking for a off the beaten path romantic spot.  My go to place is Bar La Freres but we've been there several times now.  I want to try Billie Jeans but my wife doesn't like the menu.  Anyone ever been to Peppe's Apt 2 in Kirkwood?  Looks like it could be a possible replacement.

Finally I know it is in all the top ten lists, it takes months to get a table and its halfway to Boone county but Stone Soup Cottage is incredible.  Took my wife and parents there over the holidays, made reservations 5 months in advance.  The best experience I have had in and around St. Louis.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Union Loafers has excellent pizza.  I think their bread is highly overrated.  Sandwiches are not great either.  Only go there for the pizza.

Romine's was so good.  Family would go there after khoury league baseball games at Surrey Lane or Jennings.  I never felt like Malone's totally got it right.

My baby is just 2 months now so the wife and I starting to go out a little bit for the first time in months.  Went to lunch at stone turtle last week.  Was pretty impressed.

We missed out on Valentine's so looking for a off the beaten path romantic spot.  My go to place is Bar La Freres but we've been there several times now.  I want to try Billie Jeans but my wife doesn't like the menu.  Anyone ever been to Peppe's Apt 2 in Kirkwood?  Looks like it could be a possible replacement.

Finally I know it is in all the top ten lists, it takes months to get a table and its halfway to Boone county but Stone Soup Cottage is incredible.  Took my wife and parents there over the holidays, made reservations 5 months in advance.  The best experience I have had in and around St. Louis.

Louie not as intimate as Bar Le Freres... but is better imho. 

13 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

quite the line.   i had no patience.    passed on a number of recommendations because of long lines.   my wife says i need to work on that.   

Don't work on sh!t.  You'll be dead soon, lines are for suckers.

12 hours ago, almaman said:

Weren’t the sandwiches twice as big as regular sandwich?

There was definitelty a healthy portion of pastrami!

10 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

We talkin' the same Malone's that has a location in the AutoCare Plaza on Watson Rd?  I like their late night happy hour.

Same Malone's as far as I can tell.  I've never been to the one on Watson, but the logo and menu from their website look the same/similar to the now closed Ferguson location.  Both have/had Romine's chicken.

13 hours ago, Westy03 said:

Porters is a staple at pretty much all our family graduation parties, they have really good fried chicken and as brianstl said have been in business for over 40 years.  They are still in Deer Creek.  

My hot take for the day is Union Loafers has the best pizza in St. Louis.  You can fight me if you disagree.    

My hot take for the day is Union Loafers pizza is the most overrated Pizza in STL. Last time I ordered it, it wasn't just slightly burnt (which I believe is the intention) but severely burnt. Here's a picture of it*:

Image result for burnt pizza

I really want to try their lunch tough. Their sandwiches and soups look really good.

*No, that's obviously not a picture of it

11 hours ago, thetorch said:

Peppes's Apt 2 is excellent. I always forget about it since it's off the beaten path but you should definitely give it a try.

My wife and I have a dinner club with 2 other couples and we pick a new restaurant each month. Our goal is to knock off pretty much every restaurant on Ian Froeb's top 25  list. Stone Soup was good but we weren't overly impressed. For the best combo of food/atmosphere/service, Vicia's tasting menu is number 1 and it's not even close. 

Another favorite of my wife and I is The Crossing tasting menu. You can pretty much choose anything on the menu as a replacement on the tasting menu. They also have an excellent wine list. 

EDIT: Speaking of Vicia, just saw they (Michael Gallina) are a James Beard finalist for best chef midwest Only one from STL (sever STL restaurants/chefs made the James Beard semis).

• SluSignGuy changed the title to Are there teams that are after Ford?
12 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

Yep.  Former resident of Ferguson here.  There was a Malones in Ferguson on Pershall near FloValley Community College sort of behind the (also now closed) Toys R Us and next to the (also closed) Circuit City.  I used to go to that Malones quite a bit when I was a kid.  It closed probably 5 or 6 years ago.  It is now an A-1 Liquor.  Circuit City building is now owned by FloValley CC, but you can still tell it used to be a Circuit City.

There used to be a Malone's across Page in Maryland Heights where the brand new Humane Society building is.

33 minutes ago, Band Legend said:

My hot take- thought I'd go with some fry talk since I'm listening to TMA-  Juniper has the best fries in the STL, and their chicken is also pretty darn good.

I'm gonna throw this out there - if you like it you can take it, if you don't....throw it right back.

The crinkles at Village are about as good as it gets.

1 hour ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

My hot take for the day is Union Loafers pizza is the most overrated Pizza in STL. Last time I ordered it, it wasn't just slightly burnt (which I believe is the intention) but severely burnt. Here's a picture of it*:

I really want to try their lunch tough. Their sandwiches and soups look really good.

Road Kill Pizza?

2 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

This makes me angry.

3 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Peppes's Apt 2 is excellent. I always forget about it since it's off the beaten path but you should definitely give it a try.

My wife and I have a dinner club with 2 other couples and we pick a new restaurant each month. Our goal is to knock off pretty much every restaurant on Ian Froeb's top 25  list. Stone Soup was good but we weren't overly impressed. For the best combo of food/atmosphere/service, Vicia's tasting menu is number 1 and it's not even close. 

Another favorite of my wife and I is The Crossing tasting menu. You can pretty much choose anything on the menu as a replacement on the tasting menu. They also have an excellent wine list. 

EDIT: Speaking of Vicia, just saw they (Michael Gallina) are a James Beard finalist for best chef midwest Only one from STL (sever STL restaurants/chefs made the James Beard semis).

Crossing tasting menu is excellent.  Typically I never go to the same restaurant twice, it has to be outstanding.  I make yearly trips to the crossing.

Vicia is the only restaurant in Froeb's top ten that I haven't been to.  I've been to Savage for their al a carte lunch but will be going there for dinner in the next few weeks.

Another great new spot just 5 blocks from me is 58hundred  off southwest.  Get the brussel sprout tacos.

I'll take Mac's local eats fries over anybody else's.

3 hours ago, Band Legend said:

My hot take- thought I'd go with some fry talk since I'm listening to TMA-  Juniper has the best fries in the STL, and their chicken is also pretty darn good.

That Juniper chicken is fantastic. Didn’t have fries though. At least the night I went there they had a different potato dish that was mind-blowingly good. 

Has anyone ever been to Victoria & Albert's at Disney World?  Is it as amazing as they say it is? It is supposed to be one of the best restaurants in the world.  Is it worth changing the normal flow of a family vacation and park the kid at one of their children activity centers for a few hours?  

3 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

This is an abomination. Even bad pizza doesn't deserve this. Shame, SHAME on whomever did this.

22 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Crossing tasting menu is excellent.  Typically I never go to the same restaurant twice, it has to be outstanding.  I make yearly trips to the crossing.

Vicia is the only restaurant in Froeb's top ten that I haven't been to.  I've been to Savage for their al a carte lunch but will be going there for dinner in the next few weeks.

Another great new spot just 5 blocks from me is 58hundred  off southwest.  Get the brussel sprout tacos.

I'll take Mac's local eats fries over anybody else's.

We are going to Savage this month for our dinner club. Cannot wait! How was the a la carte menu?

I've got 58hundred on the radar. Everything on their menu looks good.

3 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

This is an abomination. Even bad pizza doesn't deserve this. Shame, SHAME on whomever did this.

my guess is someone came home after having one too many and fell asleep with this in the oven. I think we've all been there :)