Are there teams that are after Ford?

speaking of deli's while in New york for the A10 tourney had the opportunity to eat at Katz's Deli in Manhattan.  Best pastrami on Rye i have ever had and my wife loved her reuben.   but boy was it expensive!  whew!

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, keyser soze said:

The real crime is the amount of Steak N Shakes undergoing renovations in the metro area!!!!

Ive been to two recently that did not have enough employees to keep the drive thru open. I think they are struggling.

Just now, billiken_roy said:

speaking of deli's while in New york for the A10 tourney had the opportunity to eat at Katz's Deli in Manhattan.  Best pastrami on Rye i have ever had and my wife loved her reuben.   but boy was it expensive!  whew!

Did you go to that bakery I told you about?

2 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Did you go to that bakery I told you about?

quite the line.   i had no patience.    passed on a number of recommendations because of long lines.   my wife says i need to work on that.   

1 hour ago, SluSignGuy said:

Had Sushi AI last night!

It would be deadly for me if they were closer to campus.

Best crab rangoons you'll find anywhere. Prefer the one downtown to the one in Clayton. Put one on Laclede and see the cash roll in. 

2 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

so is a place called like "joes deli" right outside on Fordham U, it was amazing.  Tried it right before our game there two years ago

33 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

I always lock which reminds me of a great story which is of little interest to anyone on here, but I feel the need to share it. We were eating at Shaved Duck with a group when my friend went to the restroom which was a single coed restroom and I think right in the main dining space if I remember correctly (I haven't been in a couple of years). My friend who is more of a chain restaurant guy apparently could not fathom that a bathroom could be single use and thus the need for a lock. The door was locked as someone was using it, but again he did not pick up on that being a possibility. So he yanks on the door and it doesn't open due to it being locked. He keeps pulling on the door and thinking it is just jammed throws his entire body into it essentially breaking the door open. Well the door opens and there is a heavyset woman sitting on the toilet in pure horror and shock. Terrific stuff.

Ha that's great!

9 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Jealous! Was supposed to go to NYC recently but called it off. I had Katz's on my to-eat list during my visit. Have you ever been to Protzel's or Carl's, Roy? Hard to leave there without spending $15 on a sandwich. Although I'd imagine Katz's is a bit more expensive...

12 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

BR-if you like pastrami on rye, I think Carl's on Clayton Road, across from St. Mary's hospital might be the best in STL now that 2 Cents Plain is closed.  Also for you Fried Chicken fans, Romines in North City where Hall St deadended into Riverview was the very best in STL.  They closed a few years ago as the neighborhood went downhill, but Malone's Pub on Watson Road, just west of Elm has Romine's recipe and it is outstanding.  Porter's is also very good, just not as crispy as Malone's.  This thread is making me hungry at 3:25 in the P.M.

4 minutes ago, bauman said:

BR-if you like pastrami on rye, I think Carl's on Clayton Road, across from St. Mary's hospital might be the best in STL now that 2 Cents Plain is closed.  Also for you Fried Chicken fans, Romines in North City where Hall St deadended into Riverview was the very best in STL.  They closed a few years ago as the neighborhood went downhill, but Malone's Pub on Watson Road, just west of Elm has Romine's recipe and it is outstanding.  Porter's is also very good, just not as crispy as Malone's.  This thread is making me hungry at 3:25 in the P.M.

Protzel's Deli has the best reuben in town and it's not even close.

Forgot about Malone's. I think there is also one up in North County.

JohnnyJumpUp likes this

Just now, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Protzel's Deli has the best reuben in town and it's not even close.

Forgot about Malone's I think there is also one up in North County.

My mom and I used to hit up the one in North County all the time for dinner. I think it was technically in Ferguson behind the Toys R Us, next to what used to be a Circuit City. It's now a liquor store.

3 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

Weren’t the sandwiches twice as big as regular sandwich?

1 hour ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

I'm positive Porter's was there over 10 years ago, I was a frequent flyer. Maybe they moved locations in Maplewood.

Porters was open 25 years ago when when my buddies and I went to Deer Creek Liqours next door to Porter’s because they served minors. It had probably been in business 20 years already then.  It had to open 40-50 years ago.

JohnnyJumpUp likes this

1 hour ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

I'm positive Porter's was there over 10 years ago, I was a frequent flyer. Maybe they moved locations in Maplewood.

Porters is a staple at pretty much all our family graduation parties, they have really good fried chicken and as brianstl said have been in business for over 40 years.  They are still in Deer Creek.  

My hot take for the day is Union Loafers has the best pizza in St. Louis.  You can fight me if you disagree.    

JohnnyJumpUp likes this

3 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

Porters is a staple at pretty much all our family graduation parties, they have really good fried chicken and as brianstl said have been in business for over 40 years.  They are still in Deer Creek.  

My hot take for the day is Union Loafers has the best pizza in St. Louis.  You can fight me if you disagree.    

Better than Pizza A Go Go?

7 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

Union Loafers is one of the most overrated places in the city. Blackthorn or bust

slufanskip and Westy03 like this

4 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Better than Pizza A Go Go?

I think so but GBL disagrees so maybe im full of .  UL pizza is a mix between new york style and neoplolitian, its very good.  

Also, I live withhin walking distance of Balkan Treat Box its really good.  Been to Frisco Ballroom twice and was disappointed each time, great rooftop deck though.  

If any of you are ever in Des Moines, hit me up and I'll take you to Tasty Tacos. You'll see these things and wonder whether you're supposed to eat them or they're supposed to eat you.

l.jpg