Are there teams that are after Ford?

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

And order some fried cheese curds while you are at it, you won't be disappointed with the burger and cheese curds from Olive +Oak (I feel like everything I order is good, so it is kind of weird telling someone to order a burger and cheese curds, but it really is good).

I saw the Rockwell recommendation above, I need to give that a try. I tried going before a Billiken late in the season for a bite to eat, but didn't bother checking their hours (since I am an idiot) and it was closed.

Rockwell good.  

Olive + Oak good too ("STL proper" cracked me up though). 

Mac's better

I've noticed Rockwell has become a pretty good post-game hangout for Bills fans. 

27 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Speaking of fried chicken, anyone know if Porters in Maplewood is still around? Used to go there a couple times a month, haven't been in over 10 years though. 

Still there.  Love that place.  

Never been to King Edward's Fried Chicken on Watson, but I hear that's pretty good too.

JohnnyJumpUp likes this

14 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

I miss Sushi AI and their lunchtime special. Used to go when I didn't have class senior year. 

Had Sushi AI last night!

It would be deadly for me if they were closer to campus.

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

I live and work right next to it, but havent tried food from there yet.  Good to know, I heard they have a good happy hour and the burger is included on that.

I don't order burgers often but the O+O burger is unreal. Gotta stop in and get it considering you live and work close by.

1 hour ago, TheChosenOne said:

I went the other weekend before the Davidson game, it was really good but I did not venture out beyond the beef pide. Definitely need to get back soon to try some other stuff based on feedback above.

What's your favorite food truck turned brick and mortar store, boy?

I've spent weeks researching their menu and still don't know what I'd try first. I suspect it would be the beef pide though.

1 hour ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Speaking of fried chicken, anyone know if Porters in Maplewood is still around? Used to go there a couple times a month, haven't been in over 10 years though. 

You bet your sweet a** it is! Unless it closed down within the past 3 months. 

JohnnyJumpUp likes this

1 hour ago, TheChosenOne said:

Olive + Oak question for those who have been and used the restroom, are you supposed to lock the door if taking a pee or keep it unlocked to allow a gentleman to utilize the toilet whilst utilizing the urinal? 

I'm an always lock guy.

My tinkles generally last no longer than 30 seconds so they can wait for me to finish up. I also don't want some poor bloke leaving the bathroom feeling like less of a man than when he walked in.

1 hour ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Rockwell good.  

Olive + Oak good too ("STL proper" cracked me up though). 

Mac's better

I've noticed Rockwell has become a pretty good post-game hangout for Bills fans. 

Good post. I went to Retreat Gastropub before one of our weekend afternoon games and they had a burger on their brunch menu that was quite good. I wouldn't put it on your list, but it was a solid option before the game.

12 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

Even though you guys go off subject in these threads you still keep bumping 

I think the solution is simple - the mods need to change the title to more accurately reflect the topic of the thread.... "Food Reviews"

wgstl likes this

20 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

I'm an always lock guy.

My tinkles generally last no longer than 30 seconds so they can wait for me to finish up. I also don't want some poor bloke leaving the bathroom feeling like less of a man than when he walked in.

I always lock which reminds me of a great story which is of little interest to anyone on here, but I feel the need to share it. We were eating at Shaved Duck with a group when my friend went to the restroom which was a single coed restroom and I think right in the main dining space if I remember correctly (I haven't been in a couple of years). My friend who is more of a chain restaurant guy apparently could not fathom that a bathroom could be single use and thus the need for a lock. The door was locked as someone was using it, but again he did not pick up on that being a possibility. So he yanks on the door and it doesn't open due to it being locked. He keeps pulling on the door and thinking it is just jammed throws his entire body into it essentially breaking the door open. Well the door opens and there is a heavyset woman sitting on the toilet in pure horror and shock. Terrific stuff.

jimbofive likes this