All P5 + 1 Sweet 16

slu72

I think I am just pulling for the West region.  Whoever wins I would be happy with.  I like all of those coaches (Mark Few, Leonard Hamilton, Chris Beard, John Beilein).  I don't really care to see Coach K, Roy WIlliams, Tom Izzo, or John Calipari win again.  I've already seen those episodes.

im rooting for houston.   first it will continue to screw with people's brackets, second, not a power 5 conference.   third the billikens almost beat them.  

the only bad is cheating sampson is the coach.   that makes it tough to do, but i refuse to root for any of the big boys from the old school power conferences.   

almaman likes this

It isn't  so much P5  schools as it is STATE schools. Our hard-earned taxes go to support these schools: Kentucky, North Carolina,Oregon,  Virginia, Michigan,  Florida, Tennessee, Louisiana State, Florida State,Texas Tech, Virginia Tech,  Michigan State, Purdue, Auburn.  Only exceptions are Houston, Gonzaga, and Duke.  I still root for Duke.  Believe it is a great academic school, has one of greatest coaches of all time.  Rooting against them is like rooting against baseball Cardinals because they are so successful

44 minutes ago, dlarry said:

In a demented way I’m kind of pulling for LSU. I’ll find it funny when the NCAA has to vacate the title.

“2019: no winner” will look nice in the NCAA archives.

-I like this, a lot,  but wonder who is also in that boat with LSU? Something tells me they are not alone

2 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

im rooting for houston.   first it will continue to screw with people's brackets, second, not a power 5 conference.   third the billikens almost beat them.  

the only bad is cheating sampson is the coach.   that makes it tough to do, but i refuse to root for any of the big boys from the old school power conferences.   

People can say what they want to about Sampson and much of it is deserved, but the dude can coach.

JohnnyJumpUp likes this