Season Grades

slufan13

48 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Pistol: A+...The recruiting detail he provides is second to none

SLUSignGuy: A+...Best message board in the country

I certainly do not deserve an A+ (see updates to front page, my own moderation, etc).

Pistol, however, is EXTREMELY well deserving of an A+.  Hell, if there were a higher grade, I would give it to him.

I would give the often injured guys Incompletes, as there just isnt enough work there to get a good read on them.  I think Ford deserves an A, he won the A10 Conference Championship with a 6 man team.  To win 4 games in 4 days was amazing, no one outside the fan base thought it was even possible.  He coaches with a lot of heart and his players have embraced it.  Sadly S2 messed up the distribution of players and classes and we will still feel that in the coming year. 

3 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

My liver: A++...pretty much every game this year, especially the last 5 minutes of each game, drove me to drink

or does that give your liver an F?

Grades are going to be different for everybody. It all comes down to expectations and how and how you want to hand out grades.

I would reserve my A grades for all conference performers and go down from there.

So I would not have given out any “A” this year. It doesn’t mean I don’t think guys had good years just a different grading system.

The one quibble I have is Hankton and Jacobs earning the same grade. Hankton may not have been great but at least he contributed. Jacobs not so much.

Other than that I like it.

45 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

If I was Goodwin and I saw Thatch rated higher than me I would be pretty upset. 

While Thatch is a great freshmen, nothing he did was better in anyway than Goodwin. 

Thatch was never ranked higher than Goodwin. Thatch never really even made any ranking sites. Goodwin was a 4 star Top 100. 

13 hours ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

They both quit on their team, that deserves an F. I don't care what they did in the games they played, quitting on your team equals complete failure.

Shame on you. Ingvi came to this country because he thought that he would learn how to weave baskets capable of holding balls. Perhaps a dream to a young Icelandic herder. Can you imagine the horror he felt at that first practice?!?

On 3/25/2019 at 11:20 AM, slufan13 said:

Pistol: A+...The recruiting detail he provides is second to none

Much appreciated, although I have to come clean and admit I've been taking the tests with an open book.