2019-20 Non-conference schedule

ACE

4 minutes ago, bauman said:

In the A 10 Talk site, there is a link to the annual CBS Sports' guys ranking of all 353 D 1 teams.  As with the Top 144 site, we are not thought too highly of !  We are # 177 and projected to lose to E. Wash; Belmont; BC; K-St; Aub; and SH just in our NC games.  Of interest, Davidson is 18, VCU 22, and Dayton 37.  We are 9th in the A 10.

We gonna s'prise sum people 😉  I think!

I agree we are going to surprise a lot of people, and as we rake our wins, the rankings of the opponents will sink.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, slu72 said:

I don't believe people are saying he'll sit until next year after he's dropped a few more pounds. We're saying he'll get minutes this year, but they'll probably come in 5 minute stretches until he gets accustomed to the D1 game. Gordon often didn't get much more than 5-7 minutes at a time and then would sit again. You could see he was gassed at times, and he appeared to be at the ideal weight for a 6'8" guy. 

DJ Foreman would typically come out around the first media timeout. Assuming Bell starts I would expect the same. 

Not sure if we're ready for a 20-21 non conference thread, but I was really hoping to get back into this tournament.  Hope we will soon enough

Sources: TCU, South Carolina, Northwestern, and Cal will headline the 2020 CBE Classic in Kansas City.

1 hour ago, cgeldmacher said:

That's a strange line up for that tournament, because they usually go for two local schools to fill the stands (SLU, Mizzou, Kansas, K-State, Creighton, Tulsa, Wich-St., Nebraska).  The closest school will be TCU.

That is a strange lineup. I don't think any of those teams travel all that well. I don't know about TCU, but figure Cal and N.Western aren't gonna travel to KC for a hoops tourney. USC could put some arses in the seats, but it will depend upon if the Cockies FB team is bowl bound. They'll travel for that. 

• 5 months later...
On 6/7/2019 at 3:28 PM, billiCAN said:

I can't find any other source for this. Perhaps somebody smarter that I can confirm it.

https://247sports.com/college/kansas-state/Article/Kansas-State-basketball-2019-schedule-Saint-Louis-Bruce-Weber-Travis-Ford--132656773/

-this 'report' only mentions the one game, where does this talk of another game with KSt originate? say it enough on here and it's taken as true?

On 10/25/2019 at 12:54 PM, Compton said:

Which begs the question, how many people will drive 8 hours to watch Mickey Pearson? 

There is no point in driving anywhere to see Mickey Pearson play. This season, at TCU, he played exactly 0 (zero) minutes. If you want to drive to see him sitting on the bench that is a different matter.