2019-20 Non-conference schedule

ACE

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this has been posted, but its a few weeks old. Not sure if this is still the case..

St. Louis Chris Tifft     Saint Louis is looking to participate in a Charity Exhibition Game vs. a Division I opponent in late October. Willing to travel. Please reach out to [email protected] with interest 2019-2020 2019-08-09 16:11:56

So that gives us 19 home games, including one exhibition and one lower-division team. I normally count on getting 18 home dates, with 2 exhibitions or 1 exhibition and 1 lower-division, so this is good.

Bethune-Cookman is the only truly bad buy game in there (300+ NET ranking, mid-level MEAC team, one of the worst conferences). The others will all be competitive in their conferences, at least, even if a couple end up 200+ in the year-end rankings.

Again, very good non-conference schedule and a great value for season ticket holders.

-I just looked at a few other A10 teams and none have the conference schedule posted so I am guessing the league is the hold up on an official full  schedule announcement

-now, if it is complete,  the ADept could release the non-con and later the entire schedule, get notice two times instead of one

-I think it has been mentioned here but saw it on their site, SVU is in Maui Thanksgiving event

-Davidson is in Maui event in 2020

Broken record post warning. St Joe's A10 rep in Charleston Classic (they always have an A10 team except us) and Mo State's there too. Always a good field. This year Florida, Miami, X, Penn St to name the bigs. Can't figure out why we never get asked. In fact, I don't think we've played in a good pre season tournament since Anaheim. Wonder why? 

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

So that gives us 19 home games, including one exhibition and one lower-division team. I normally count on getting 18 home dates, with 2 exhibitions or 1 exhibition and 1 lower-division, so this is good.

Bethune-Cookman is the only truly bad buy game in there (300+ NET ranking, mid-level MEAC team, one of the worst conferences). The others will all be competitive in their conferences, at least, even if a couple end up 200+ in the year-end rankings.

Again, very good non-conference schedule and a great value for season ticket holders.

Tulane was a dog last season, with a final NET of 296.  Yeah, I know, new coach, new players, but it still is Tulane.  They are picked last in the AAC in two pre-season polls I have seen.  If they can reach NET of 200 this season, then it won't be a bad game.  That's a big jump for Tulane.  Last season we played four OOC teams with 298 or higher NET's. 

Pistol likes this

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Tulane was a dog last season, with a final NET of 296.  Yeah, I know, new coach, new players, but it still is Tulane.  They are picked last in the AAC in two pre-season polls I have seen.  If they can reach NET of 200 this season, then it won't be a bad game.  That's a big jump for Tulane.  Last season we played four OOC teams with 298 or higher NET's. 

Yeah, and we had trouble with all 4 of them as I recall. 

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

this was always confuses me, but how is Maryville not an exhibition game?

I haven't looked at Maryville's schedule, but it probably will be an exhibition for Maryville.  (I hate those arrangements, where it's an exhibition for the Div. 2 school and a regular-season game that counts for the Div. 1 school!)  If it's not a late exhibition for SLU, then I presume they're working on a secret scrimmage.

I know last season didn't turn out being a great schedule (126th in Pomeroy), but heading into the season and this season I have liked our non conference schedules on paper. So prior to knowing how it will play out, I am a fan of the schedule. I did a quick search and it looks like our scheduling has ranked fairly comparably over the past handful of seasons, but it would be interesting to know where they ranked prior to conference play as I assume last season's schedule wasn't helped much by conference play.

2018-19 - 126th, 2017-18 - 113th, 2016-17 - 122nd, 2015-16 - 107th, 2014-15 - 118th, 2013-14 - 85th

1 hour ago, Cowboy said:

-if CFord thinks the Maryville game is good for the team, then so be it, perhaps he thinks the guys need to blow off some steam during finals or doesn't want the break leading to KSt game 

The good news is that Maryville won't impact our NET, win, lose or draw. 

1 hour ago, TheChosenOne said:

I know last season didn't turn out being a great schedule (126th in Pomeroy), but heading into the season and this season I have liked our non conference schedules on paper. So prior to knowing how it will play out, I am a fan of the schedule. I did a quick search and it looks like our scheduling has ranked fairly comparably over the past handful of seasons, but it would be interesting to know where they ranked prior to conference play as I assume last season's schedule wasn't helped much by conference play.

2018-19 - 126th, 2017-18 - 113th, 2016-17 - 122nd, 2015-16 - 107th, 2014-15 - 118th, 2013-14 - 85th

I plugged last year's final NET into our 18/19 schedule.  The average was 169.  Then I looked at the 18/19 NET and used them for this season's schedule (yeah, I know....)  The average is 159, but that excludes any NET for Maryville.  If I arbitrarily enter 300 for their NET, then the average is 170.  Starting out of the box, this season's OOC may be similar to last season's. 

Last season we had three Quad 1 OOC games.  It looks like we may have three again this season.   

TheChosenOne likes this

2 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

2018-19 - 126th (200), 2017-18 - 113th (135) , 2016-17 - 122nd (298) , 2015-16 - 107th (290) , 2014-15 - 118th (310) , 2013-14 - 85th (206)

-I added non-con SoS from KenPom in ( ) - these average 240

TheChosenOne likes this