2019-20 Non-conference schedule

ACE

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

This will the Billikens first trip back to Birmingham since UAB left the A10.

I believe you have SLU's awful and easy-to-mix-up conference history a little off my friend. SLU was in the CUSA from 95-05 before we left for the A10. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conference_USA#Membership_timeline

Its a terrible trip through history, I don't recommend it... Are we in the Big East yet? 😪

3 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

It’s august and no Perkins. Panic mode or patience? 

Ive noticed a few teams in our region who have a juco player coming in this class are still waiting.  some are said to be ready in 2 weeks.  

58 minutes ago, Brighton said:

Question is will the home game be at Chaifetz or Enterprise.

slu doesnt play at enterprise.  

20 hours ago, wgstl said:

Sunday, eh?  Hope that means early afternoon game, which I love. 

December 1st is the anniversary of Rick Majerus passing away.  I wonder if that has something to do with them scheduling a game for that particular day.  Hopefully, the AD will have put together something or replay tribute video at least.

wgstl and CBFan like this

13 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

December 1st is the anniversary of Rick Majerus passing away.  I wonder if that has something to do with them scheduling a game for that particular day.  Hopefully, the AD will have put together something or replay tribute video at least.

I kind of doubt the date of his death played a role in the date of the game. 

Its the Sunday of thanksgiving weekend so letting the students come back from break or not wanting to compete with all the rivalry college football games on Saturday could be reasons. Or maybe SIU is in a thanksgiving week tournament and requested an extra day off before getting hammered by us.

Playing Tulane in Phoenix 

https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2019/8/6/mens-basketball-announces-2019-20-non-conference-slate.aspx

Tulane will play its fourth neutral-site game against Saint Louis (Dec. 8 on a trip to Phoenix, Arizona for the first game of a tripleheader at the Basketball Hall of Fame Jerry Colangelo Classic.

http://www.hoophall.com/events/jerry-colangelo-classic