2019-20 Non-conference schedule

ACE

On 6/7/2019 at 3:28 PM, billiCAN said:

I can't find any other source for this. Perhaps somebody smarter that I can confirm it.

https://247sports.com/college/kansas-state/Article/Kansas-State-basketball-2019-schedule-Saint-Louis-Bruce-Weber-Travis-Ford--132656773/

I think this game is actually part of a new home and home series.  It is being billed as the Kansas City Wildcat Showcase.  Previous versions of this event against Vandy, T A&M and Washington St. were part of a home and home series with KSU shifting their home game to the Sprint Center.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, wgstl said:

interesting timing, lol

The Ty Graves Invitational - not bad! Anytime you can get a P5 school to agree to a home/home, you take it, because those are increasingly harder to come by.

Today, BC just got a nice commitment from Thornton- the USC grad transfer.

1 hour ago, ACE said:

The Ty Graves Invitational - not bad! Anytime you can get a P5 school to agree to a home/home, you take it, because those are increasingly harder to come by.

Today, BC just got a nice commitment from Thornton- the USC grad transfer.

This. It's near impossible to get P6 home and homes with the 20 game conference schedules, we pretty much have to take whatever we can get. 

BC was the third opponent (including an exhibition game with UMSL) in Chaifetz Arena. It was a 53-50 grinder but a fun game nonetheless. That was the back end of a home-and-home from the prior season; BC beat us at their place 61-39 in late 2007. Woof.

We played again on a neutral court in 2011, the first of three wins in that Anaheim Classic that we won (Villanova and Oklahoma were the next two wins to seal the title).

Somehow those are the only three times we've ever played BC.

Games against teams in the bottom halves of their power conferences are going to be good for us this coming season. Good for SOS without being beaten up. K-State and Seton Hall are both going to be very competitive in their conferences.

Compton likes this

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, I looked for this thread but couldn't find it. So, I guess the only non con games locked in at this point are KSU, The Hall, BC, and SIU. Meanwhile other schools are announcing their schedules every day. Can't fathom why it's so difficult for us to get games.

14 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Sorry, I looked for this thread but couldn't find it. So, I guess the only non con games locked in at this point are KSU, The Hall, BC, and SIU. Meanwhile other schools are announcing their schedules every day. Can't fathom why it's so difficult for us to get games.

Are these other schools mid-majors?

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I wonder if that's just how they make it look in the order; previous games have been at Madison Square Garden, which isn't Boston College's home court.

-per the release Highlighting the Gotham Classic will be a Nov. 27 matchup between Boston College and Saint Louis in Chestnut Hill, Mass. That game will mark just the fourth time that the Eagles and Billikens will meet, and the first time since a 62-51 Saint Louis win on Nov. 24, 2011 in Anaheim, Calif. The Billikens lead the series, 2-1.

3 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-per the release Highlighting the Gotham Classic will be a Nov. 27 matchup between Boston College and Saint Louis in Chestnut Hill, Mass. That game will mark just the fourth time that the Eagles and Billikens will meet, and the first time since a 62-51 Saint Louis win on Nov. 24, 2011 in Anaheim, Calif. The Billikens lead the series, 2-1.

Ah.  I didn't read the release.  My bad.

28 minutes ago, GBL_Bills said:

Belmont's a solid get as well. At least, they usually are. Don't know what they're going to be like next year.

No whining about these games. BC is ACC and we should take all of those we can get. Belmont always a solid mid major program and a frequent dance invitee. Did they lose their coach this year? I think East Washington has had some decent years recently but really not sure. Our kids are young and this will be a good test for them.