Demarius Jacobs

Schasz

10 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

OK - clearly my point is not being understood.  I am not sure how else I can explain it - I never said SLU will shoot 75% just that if they could it would take the heat off trying to improve the 3 point shooting.  

Cheeseman's mental processes are peculiar. It is true few people understand what he says, maybe he does not understand himself.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure I understand this 75% FT discussion.....But here are the stats.....we were 35th ITN in FTA.....22.5/gm....My contention is that the reason teams foul us more  that we couldn't shoot FTs.  If we did shoot 75% we would have about 3.2 pts more /gm ..  The average team  shoots about 19 FTA/gm. ....22.5 FTA -19FTA = 3.5 shots less /gm..  So the extra FTM/gm would be canceled out by the lesser amount of FTA.

Bottom line..... FTs didn't cost us  many points this year because we got extra chances.....Is this discussion similar to ......If grandma had wheels she would be a wagon?

41 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I am not sure I understand this 75% FT discussion.....But here are the stats.....we were 35th ITN in FTA.....22.5/gm....My contention is that the reason teams foul us more  that we couldn't shoot FTs.  If we did shoot 75% we would have about 3.2 pts more /gm ..  The average team  shoots about 19 FTA/gm. ....22.5 FTA -19FTA = 3.5 shots less /gm..  So the extra FTM/gm would be canceled out by the lesser amount of FTA.

Bottom line..... FTs didn't cost us  many points this year because we got extra chances.....Is this discussion similar to ......If grandma had wheels she would be a wagon?

Even if by some miracle we shot near 70%, we're going to get to the line more than the average team. We attack the basket more than the average team. Over the next couple of years, because of our new personnel, we'll get even better at attacking.

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

Yes, but if we're taking fewer free-throws, presumably we're getting additional FGAs, which should lead to more points.   

With only 3 contributors from this year's team returning next year, the 19-20 team is basically a blank canvas with some Goodwin, Thatch and French already splashed in. Comparing statistics from this year to next will depend on whether those 3 can improve things like ft% (not holding by breath with French but Goodwin and Thatch should be better) and trying to figure out what all the other guys are going to shoot (look at high school and Juco stats for ft%).

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

I understand what you are saying.  You have a point that if we hit more FTs then they will foul us less - fair point.

18 hours ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

If you don’t want responses to your posts, then don’t post! Why are you so offended by getting someone else’s thoughts? I got my opinion from watching Collins, and actually listening to our Coach say he was one of the best high school point guards in the country. Again, IT’S A MESSAGE BOARD. Seems like there is a pervasive attitude by some, that only a select fews opinion are wanted. Keep it up, and you might get your wish. 

Guess its asking too much ask that respond to the appropriate person. 

Also guess that’s the new excuse:  ITS A MESSAGE BOARD

Good stuff!!

CBFan likes this

On 3/24/2019 at 4:25 PM, Clock_Tower said:

Not sure what your point is?

That a good PG is important and makes others around him better?  Of couse. Who is denying that?

That Goodwin is so bad at PG that our team of sharpshooters are only missing their shots bc of his poor passes and his bad timing? And that once we get Yuri in at PG, our team’s problems go away?

Again, we had plenty of wide open looks at the basket against V Tech - and we simply missed the shots.  And not all missed by any one player.

PG’s get you open shots but open shot misses are on the shooter - not the PG.  Again, we made 4 of 23 attempts. Are you suggesting that Goodwin did such a poor job on the 19 missed shots.  I dont recall that many last second heaves as the shot clock is expiring. And that had we had Yuri, we would have made a large percentage of these shots?

Henry.

I now see by your marking of my post with a troll that you have no point.  Not surprised.

But... ITS A MESSAGE BOARD right?

1 hour ago, Clock_Tower said:

Henry.

I now see by your marking of my post with a troll that you have no point.  Not surprised.

But... ITS A MESSAGE BOARD right?

Oh...I see....you can mark my posts...but I'm not supposed to mark yours...the old you  can dish it out but can't take it routine. Put on your big boy pants and stop the pathetic whining...it is very unbecoming.  PS...if it makes you feel better...bad post me...unlike you, I won't cry about it.  Sheesh.

BIG BILL FAN and TheA_Bomb like this

20 minutes ago, HenryB said:

Oh...I see....you can mark my posts...but I'm not supposed to mark yours...the old you  can dish it out but can't take it routine. Put on your big boy pants and stop the pathetic whining...it is very unbecoming.  PS...if it makes you feel better...bad post me...unlike you, I won't cry about it.  Sheesh.

Henry on target again.... it seems like there are few on this board that have no interest in the exchange of ideas...they act like this board is their own personal domain...

TheA_Bomb, TaLBErt and brianstl like this

1 hour ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Henry on target again.... it seems like there are few on this board that have no interest in the exchange of ideas...they act like this board is their own personal domain...

It’s like people can’t help but take differing opinions personally 

the amount of personal attaching  bitc hing that happens in this board is cray 

1 hour ago, RiseAndGrind said:

It’s like people can’t help but take differing opinions personally 

the amount of personal attaching  bitc hing that happens in this board is cray 

The guy you quoted got so mad that I bad posted him twice that he actually PM’d me called me a name said I was attacking him and said he was not going to take my crap.  This person has a lot of nerve to complain about differing opinions.  I bad posted him because he made two snarky useless posts that got under my skin.

I agree with what you are saying there is plenty of it on this board and plenty of hypocrisy too.

One thing I have learned the only reactions I will make is good posts and nothing else.

56 minutes ago, CBFan said:

The guy you quoted got so mad that I bad posted him twice that he actually PM’d me called me a name said I was attacking him and said he was not going to take my crap.  This person has a lot of nerve to complain about differing opinions.  I bad posted him because he made two snarky useless posts that got under my skin.

I agree with what you are saying there is plenty of it on this board and plenty of hypocrisy too.

One thing I have learned the only reactions I will make is good posts and nothing else.

Lol...in one breath you say you bad posted me twice and in the next you say the only reactions you make are good.  Do you see a little inconsistency in that statement??? So many snowflakes.  I said something “snarky”?  Oh my!!!  Sure glad that no one else has ever said anything “snarky” on this board.  I got under your skin?  Oh my again.  You poor baby.  You claimed long ago that you were putting me on ignore...apparently that is another one of your “inconsistencies”. This time please actually put me on ignore.  Heaven forbid if I said something “snarky “ again.  We must protect that overly sensitive skin. Lol....thanks for making me laugh!

BIG BILL FAN likes this

2 minutes ago, HenryB said:

Lol...in one breath you say you bad posted me twice and in the next you say the only reactions you make are good.  Do you see a little inconsistency in that statement??? So many snowflakes.  I said something “snarky”?  Oh my!!!  Sure glad that no one else has ever said anything “snarky” on this board.  I got under your skin?  Oh my again.  You poor baby.  You claimed long ago that you were putting me on ignore...apparently that is another one of your “inconsistencies”. This time please actually put me on ignore.  Heaven forbid if I said something “snarky “ again.  We must protect that overly sensitive skin. Lol....thanks for making me laugh!

Can we please get this discussion back to Demarius instead of people taking things way too personally and making each other look bad?

rgbilliken and RUBillsFan like this

10 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Outside of a few hack-a-has moments, how often did we really get fouled because we were poor FT shooters?  Our team is aggressive and I’m wondering if they would be fouled that much regardless of our FT %age. 

2 hours ago, CBFan said:

CBFan rather that getting involved in stuff like this just ignore the guy.