Favorite Billikens Memory?

One game that always stands out to me is @GMU a few years ago, won in OT.

NMSU was fun too because we were in such control, and Evans couldnt miss a mid range jumper.

Also New mexico on NYE

Not really a specific memory but the memories I have of going to the games as a kid when they played at Kiel. I remember my friend and I would hoard those balls they threw into the crowd and then we would go back to his house and play basketball in his room.

If I had to pick a specific memory, the game versus Washington/Conklin's screen. I knew then this team was going to be fun to watch, that they weren't afraid to push around a P5 school, and that this was the start of something special. I believe Washington went on to win the Pac-10 regular season that year.

Beating Cinci in the conference tourney is also up there.

Some of mine in no particular order:

Beating Kansas during the Robertson family reunion.

The Washington game with Conklin's legendary pick and the 50-25 score at the half.

The Louisville upset.

The NIT games when AB was a junior and senior. Went to all the Kiel games with my Dad. The old place was sold out and really rocking and the Bills won them all and went to the NY finals both years. This led to us becoming season ticket holders around 1990.

The 2012 NCAA Tournament. The whole process was magical. Selection Sunday, beating Memphis and celebrating at our host bar with lots of SLU fans (I bought Earl Austin Jr. a pink lemonade, per his request), and giving Michigan State virtually all they could handle.

My favorite thread of SLU tourney appearances this decade is that when we get a bid, we don't lose in the first round. Excited for this to continue tonight.

Billnation08 likes this

My favorites from my SLU student days were: 1) the entire Larry Hughes year  and 2) during 1998-99 where we beat Kansas, Cincinnati, and Louisville at Kiel

My favorite since then was the tourney weekend in Columbus in 2012 beating Memphis and almost pulling the shocker vs Mich State. It was awesome being there for that.

19 minutes ago, jzstldc said:

My favorite since then was the tourney weekend in Columbus in 2012 beating Memphis and almost pulling the shocker vs Mich State. It was awesome being there for that.

I contend that if we could have beaten Michigan State that team would've had a very good chance to make a final four run.  Mich State lost to #4 Louisville in the Sweet Sixteen.  #4 Louisville beat #7 Florida (#2 Mizzou had lost to Norfolk State) in the elite eight.  Majerus could've gotten us pas those teams,  but probably not Anthony Davis / Kentucky.

That teams especially w Majerus coaching was the best of any of the 2012-14 NCAA teams.

Will never forget this moment. Still get chills thinking about how foreshadowing this was, with Rick passing away months later... 

"He doesn't teach you about ball, he teaches you about life. He's just a great figure for the community, for the city, and he's really brough St. Louis basketball to where it is right now."

It is a new memory for me, Travis Ford in the dog pile after beating the Bonnie’s we are back and how sweet it is.

2 hours ago, slubilliken09 said:

The 2012 NCAA Tournament. The whole process was magical. Selection Sunday, beating Memphis and celebrating at our host bar with lots of SLU fans (I bought Earl Austin Jr. a pink lemonade, per his request), and giving Michigan State virtually all they could handle.

My favorite thread of SLU tourney appearances this decade is that when we get a bid, we don't lose in the first round. Excited for this to continue tonight.

Mine too Columbus was special. Never forget the fans cheering the arrival of the team bus singing Oh when the Saints go marching in. Brought tears to my eyes. And Conklin tearing up at the presser. I swear he knew Rick's days were numbered. But that's hindsight on my part. 

24 minutes ago, Billikenbooster said:

Game at the Arena, vs SIU.  Spoon coach, the place was friggin' packed.  They had to take down the tarps in the end zones of the upper deck.  So freakin' loud.  That was for me when I knew SLU bball was back.

mhg

my mouth dropped open when I saw those tarps being removed