GDT Survive and Advance Hokie Pokie Edition

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, overall a great year for SLU. Give them kids a big round of applause. A lot to deal with this year, which I hope we've put behind us. I'm sick of the drama; Sit 2, Santos, Gordon. Enough o' that BS. We got a good group coming in next year. Time to order one of them blue Columbia SLU shirts. 

CBFan likes this

Great effort but not enough to win the game. Still it was great to come to the dance this year. Thank you team Blue for all your efforts and hard work, you did accomplish a lot this year. To the departing seniors all the best in your future lives.

The NCAA tournament is so much better when our team is in.

Hopefully the returning players teach the newcomers what it takes to get there and I believe if we stay healthy and the team stays intact we will be back.

Look forward moving from the upper bowl to the lower bowl next season.

1 minute ago, Old guy said:

Half time score is not good. I hope Ford finds some magic to tell them that will guide the balls to the basket. Do not take me wrong, it is a great accomplishment to be in this game whatever the outcome may be, but it is not looking good at the half.

Uh, it's over. We lost. 

2 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Not so sure about this.  How many unforced errors did we have?

Unforced errors are many times not really unforced. They are the result of guys trying to do too much to make up for a disadvantage.

we have talent, but just not enough. You need to stack classes at a school like SLU to really get to that point and the roster churn that has occurred has prevented that from happening

5 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Strange for an ACC team to play a school like Liberty in a preseason scrimmage.

Most likely the closed scrimmage.

5 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Yep.  Can’t cheer for Falwell university.

That school is super sleazy. They have one of the largest online "universities" in the country and they basically run it like a shady for-profit college (low and underqualified staffing, zero academic standards, aggressive and misleading marketing, etc.) and use the cash flows from that to prop up the brick-and-mortar university.

And that's not even getting into all the other bizarre goings-on there.

I'll never root for them in any context.

moytoy12 and GBL_Bills like this

4 minutes ago, mechee89 said:

I'm not ready for this place to get quiet yet.

Oh, don't worry, we will have plenty of offseason discussion regarding whether we belong in the Missouri Valley; what grad transfers are available, and most importantly whether we should use player initials or full names ;)

3 minutes ago, Pistol said:

That school is super sleazy. They have one of the largest online "universities" in the country and they basically run it like a shady for-profit college (low and underqualified staffing, zero academic standards, aggressive and misleading marketing, etc.) and use the cash flows from that to prop up the brick-and-mortar university.

And that's not even getting into all the other bizarre goings-on there.

I'll never root for them in any context.

This.